troy bult chipper

/ troy bult chipper #1  

budman45

Tractor
bobcat
help the belt on my chipper is shot no numbers model#47321 10 hp troy bilt/gardenway i got it from my dad no manual any ideas on length and width

/ troy bult chipper #3  
When the Gardenway corp went backrupt, MTD got the tillers and something else. Murray got the chippers, and some other part of the company. Murray stop supporting the old gardenway products when they went bankrupt in 2005, and purchased by Briggs. If you know the belt length and wide, finding a new belt should be fairly easy, since they can be obtained through lawn mower repair dealers, and some auto parts stores. Just take the old belt with you and they can help you get is figured out.

/ troy bult chipper #4  
I had the same thing happen. Belt was in so many pieces there was no way to get any kind of measurment. I took a nylon string and looped it around the motor pulley and drum pully, tied it off to get the inside dia of the belt( had to mark the knot and untie, or you could just mark where the string meets). I was unable to measure the width of the top and bottom of the belt so I took aluminum foil and pressed it into the pulley, kind of like you would do with modeling clay, and made a form about 1" long. Went to the parts store, I think Advanced Auto, and within 10 min found the length we needed and width and depth of the "V".

I have a very old model and could not find any info online.

/ troy bult chipper #5  
help the belt on my chipper is shot no numbers model#47321 10 hp troy bilt/gardenway i got it from my dad no manual any ideas on length and width

Belt is probably a part #1762636 . I've bought them from online ebay stores no problem (O.E.M. belts from Troy-Bilt). Once you get one, you can buy from other sources. Be careful to adjust the belt guidebar (used to restrain the belt when you de-clutch it). If its rubbing you will eat belts more quickly. Also, avoid the temptation to run a fatter belt. Same problem from the guide and the cover.

I had a problem with the woodruff key wearing out and causing the driven sheave to wobble (and wear the belt). Replaced with a TSC equivalent part.

Buy some extra chipper blades, too. Keep one resharpend and ready to change when you find you have to force feed branches or 'strings' of bark from branches start appearing.

I use mine now to make horse bedding from pine tree branches. Mine has electric start option but never need it. Always starts on 1 or 2 pulls. How do they do that ?