Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED
Thanks. Yeah, I actually had a little pucker moment yesterday when I started using it. I took it out of the barn, started right up, mowed for about 15 mins, parked it for about 30, went back to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I figure, either the battery or starter by the way its' acting. So, I get my battery jump pack, but it still wouldn't turn over. Hmm.... So, I take out the battery, and judging by its' blank label, I figure it's the original and probably bad. I go to my Farm Supply store, get a new one, get home, put it in... and of course, the terminals are just slightly "off" located so that the ground cable is now 1" too short. I look for another GOOD ground location, but none are as good as the factory spot... So, back to the store for a longer cable. Get home, install it, and presto: Wait, it still won't start, won't even engage the starter. I'm about to get pissed when I realize that at some point during this fiasco, I had moved one of the drive-arms and so the "safety" was engaged and wouldn't let it start. Moved it and now it was good to go!

Luckily the store is only about 4 country miles away, thankfully! :D

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #92  
Awwwwww yeah! So far I'm liking the new mower! Really cuts quick & smooth. I'm most surprised with how mellow the ride is, even when it bounces it absorbs the shock well and makes it surprisingly comfortable.

Mowed this 3 acre field today in about 50 mins.

View attachment 315806
Might want to go mow it again today before the snow and cold hits again...global warming...don't get me going...
BTW, nice mower. You can haul it down here and practice on my obstacle course any summer you want.

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #93  
Thanks. Yeah, I actually had a little pucker moment yesterday when I started using it. I took it out of the barn, started right up, mowed for about 15 mins, parked it for about 30, went back to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I figure, either the battery or starter by the way its' acting. So, I get my battery jump pack, but it still wouldn't turn over. Hmm.... So, I take out the battery, and judging by its' blank label, I figure it's the original and probably bad. I go to my Farm Supply store, get a new one, get home, put it in... and of course, the terminals are just slightly "off" located so that the ground cable is now 1" too short. I look for another GOOD ground location, but none are as good as the factory spot... So, back to the store for a longer cable. Get home, install it, and presto: Wait, it still won't start, won't even engage the starter. I'm about to get pissed when I realize that at some point during this fiasco, I had moved one of the drive-arms and so the "safety" was engaged and wouldn't let it start. Moved it and now it was good to go!

Luckily the store is only about 4 country miles away, thankfully! :D

Have experienced the same problem... most often cause of not starting is the control arms aren't all the way out or the blade engagement switch is in the "on" position.

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #94  
The first weekend in April the wife said hey let's go look at some ztr's. We went to Outdoor Equipment Outlet in Conroe. I had spoke to guy there couple weekends prior and had my mind made up to get a Gravely. While waiting on salesmen to finish up with a customer we looked at all the different models they had parked out by the highway. Sat on several but when I sat on the Scag there was no comparison as far as comfort goes. I had never heard of Scag til I saw EddieWalker mention his on TBN. Ended up getting the Scag Cheetah, no regrets. If I could figure out how I would post pics. Gotta get the missus to show me how to do that.

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #95  
The first weekend in April the wife said hey let's go look at some ztr's. We went to Outdoor Equipment Outlet in Conroe. I had spoke to guy there couple weekends prior and had my mind made up to get a Gravely. While waiting on salesmen to finish up with a customer we looked at all the different models they had parked out by the highway. Sat on several but when I sat on the Scag there was no comparison as far as comfort goes. I had never heard of Scag til I saw EddieWalker mention his on TBN. Ended up getting the Scag Cheetah, no regrets. If I could figure out how I would post pics. Gotta get the missus to show me how to do that.

robbyr,
Yep, my dealer carries Scags and Gravelys but the price difference between similarly equipped models between those two makes(as well as my budget approval from my Financial Advisor....aka the wife) prevented me from even considering a Scag. BTW, have you looked at that link on the forums of the 2013 NORTH AMERICAN EQUIPMENT DEALERS ASSOCIATION dealer survey results??? Over 3,000 dealers rated their brand's manufacturers and the Scag had an overall rating of 5.74 and Ariens(makes the Gravely) had a 6.10 with the average overall for all manufacturers that dealers responded to the survey for being a 5.43 rating. No argument here that a Scag is a fine machine, but if the seat was the selling point for ???? more $$$$ over a comparable Gravely, I'm wondering if the Gravely you were looking at was actually a similarly equipped model to the Scag Cheetah(not price comparison....but component/build comparison). My Gravely Pro-Turn XDZ100 Commercial ZTR has a full suspension seat and it has a VERY comfortable ride. Just sayin......

P.S.
If you are intersted, that survey is at:

http://www.msdeda.com/pdf/2013 Dealer Manufacturer Survey.pdf

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #96  
You would be correct in that the Gravely was not a commercial model. While salesman was doing the credit check for the Gravely, my financial advisor (like yours) strolled over and twisted my arm into getting the Scag. I didn't argue. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar Gravely may have been better deal but I'm happy, the bos...... I mean financial advisor (and every other kind of advisor also) is happy too. Got home that Saturday afternoon and mowed. Mowed some more the next day and have not been on it since. Guess who's been hogging all the mowing time.:D