Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED
Turns out I have a Ferris dealer just a few miles away... I'll check them out. Looks like the IS700z might be a price-match to the others I'm looking at. Right around $7000 for a Kaw FS series, 22" drive wheels, 61". Those are prices I'm finding online, so we'll see.

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #22  
I have worked on eXmarks, front mount Deere's, and Huskvarna zero turns, I have also used.worked on Kubota, Deere, Cub Cadet, Huskvarna, Jacobson and Bolens riders/SCUTs and I wouldn't take a Huskvarna unless I was paid to...
I have a neighbor who has a 3 wheeled front deck Ferris (has a deck and a blower for it) and he loves it. I like eXmark machines best of those I have used or worked on but have also heard very good things about Grasshoppers (including that they have great resale value).

Aaron Z

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #23  
I don't think I would even consider a machine with a fixed ROPS. I would literally have to have a second machine to do all the areas I couldn't get to with a ROPS over my head, and that's the most time consuming part of the yard to do.

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #24  
Gary... see the last paragraph of my above post. Not to mention that new ones of those are ridiculously expensive!

TSO,
I've been holding back, since I've already gave you my two cents worth in that "other thread":0)
But, you're right...you have stated what you are wanting to spend and someone even "suggesting" one of those outfronts(the Gravely's run $11K-$14K) isn't helping you much on making a decision. And even though the Ferris is a top-notch Commercial ZTR, I'd be leary of paying $6k-$7k for a mower with a Kawa FS series(Heavy Duty). I don't know about the Freedom, but the Wildcat & other comparable Scags are gonna bust your budget. You need to stick with your guns on getting the FX series(Commerercial Kawa). Go back and look hard at the Gravely Pro-Turn 160. Then compare ALL of it's features to the others on your short-list. For < $7K you're gonna be hard-pressed to beat that deal!!!

I'm always welcome to ALL input, but you're right DJD... I want the pricing to stay where it's at. I do like Gravely. I store an older 52" Gravely walk-behind in my barn for a friend and have used it a couple times. It cuts very well. It's old and beat-up, but it still works and could be put to use commercially with new tires. I actually used it a few times last year when my mower was in the shop. That's when I quickly realized that a walk-behind was NOT conducive to mowing acreage!

After dealing with both my local and online Ferris dealers, here's what they're quoting me:

IS2000z 61" with Kaw FX801v (nice engine) $8900, or $8300 with a Briggs Commercial 30hp.
IS700z 61" local price: $7000 with Kaw FS730v. Online price, $6500 with Briggs 28hp, $6600 with Kaw FS (plus freight, makes it about the same price as local).

That suspension looks pretty sweet. But, the Hustler FastTrak Superduty 60" with Kaw FX and Flex-forks thrown in for $6479 seems like a better deal than the Ferris (competitive model is IS2000z for $8900). Shoot, I can get the Hustler FastTrak with Kaw FS and forks for $5900, compared to $7000 for the Ferris IS700z.

I talked with a family friend that works at a dealership that sells Hustler yesterday... he's gonna see what kind of deal he can get me. He sells New Holland also, so he'll probably take my CM272 in on trade (if it's the right amount for me) which would lower the payment nicely and save me the hassle of selling on my own. Depending on the pricing, I may go with the Hustler. But if it remains about what it is, the decision will stay tough!

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #26  
See if you have a Ferris dealer by you. Better ride and much better machine but pricey

I have a Ferris IS3000 and I'll second what Murph said.

What do you guys think of these?

2008 Hustler Z (commercial) 66" deck with 25 horse diesel - 150 hours, $8900
2010 Hustler Z (commercial) 72" deck with 29 horse Kaw gas - 350 hours, $7900

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #28  
What do you guys think of these?

2008 Hustler Z (commercial) 66" deck with 25 horse diesel - 150 hours, $8900
2010 Hustler Z (commercial) 72" deck with 29 horse Kaw gas - 350 hours, $7900

I would choose the 2008 if it were me.. lower hours and diesel engine are a plus. Deck size between those two wont make that much difference..

/ Shopping for a new Zero Turn --- this is what I've found so far, INPUT NEEDED #29  
My Ferris has the FX751V Engine. It is rated at 24.5 HP per the latest way of testing engines. It has a ton of power and while my machine weighs 1200#, it accelerates very fast and I run it at about 3/4 throttle. There's no need for a huge engine. Just going to use more fuel. Unless you're trying to haul around a huge grass catcher, don't worry about getting the biggest engine. I've even used my Ferris at 1/2 throttle to pull a 8cuft trailer full of rocks i was picking up around on my property and it is quite hilly.

My Ferris has the FX751V Engine. It is rated at 24.5 HP per the latest way of testing engines. It has a ton of power and while my machine weighs 1200#, it accelerates very fast and I run it at about 3/4 throttle. There's no need for a huge engine. Just going to use more fuel. Unless you're trying to haul around a huge grass catcher, don't worry about getting the biggest engine. I've even used my Ferris at 1/2 throttle to pull a 8cuft trailer full of rocks i was picking up around on my property and it is quite hilly.

The main reason I would choose the diesel is because I could write off the fuel (tractor fuel used for "farming") and I could get it cheaper because it's off road diesel.

The second reason would be longevity.

The third reason would be resale, if needed.

I had ruled it out before because that same mower (new) runs north of $13k and I wasn't going to spend that much.

If I can talk him down to $8k, it seems like a real deal at >150 hours!

Sent from my Motorola Photon using TractorByNet for Android