Spring maintenance

/ Spring maintenance #1  

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
Well.....since I had to mow last Saturday.....decided to do my annual spring maintenance today on my 9 year old JD LT180. New plugs, new oil and filter, fuel filter and air filter. Sharpened blades. Lubed all fittings. Checked battery water level and cleaned posts, checked/filled air in tires, washed and waxed the whole tractor. Ready to go for another year. I put about 45-50 hours on her yearly. Hope to get another 9 years out of her!:thumbsup:

/ Spring maintenance #2  
Preventative maintenance is always a good idea. It sure beats having problems while working. It's a good idea to check allthe hydraulic hoses also, if you have them. Best wishes.

/ Spring maintenance
Preventative maintenance is always a good idea. It sure beats having problems while working. It's a good idea to check allthe hydraulic hoses also, if you have them. Best wishes.

Yep....I agree. No hyd. hoses on the little LT but will be doing a PM on the Yanmar 186D tomorrow. Will check those hoses for sure!:thumbsup:

/ Spring maintenance #4  
I've seen tractors sitting in the middle of hay fields during haying season squirting out hydraulic fluid. Good idea to check the hoses, at least on older tractors.