Silver Member
    Tractor
    CT 235

Default Recomendation on new garden tractor

My 30 year old Sears GT tractor is on it last legs. Its is a 22 HP twin manual 6 speed with 44" deck - perfect for what I need to do. I do have a few ground attachments for is such as a small back blade and dozer/snow blade. I cant get parts for the front end that is wore out. Currently running second hand salvage stuff, but I know it wont last long.

Looking for a replacement. Everything out there now has bells and whistles. I am looking for a manual trans - no hydrostatic nothing (less to break). Hopefully something that will still work with my attachments. My current unit is built like a tank - don't know who made it, possibly MTD. New stuff seems light and throw away.

Thoughts - nothing fancy, just basic will work well. Any and all brands OK if they will work.

Thanks
    2011 CT 235 with FEL, Filled rear tires, 6 foot Land Pride Box Blade, Ansung Terra Force YJR074 tiller, Ansung Terra Force 42 inch pallet forks, Ford 503 3pt side delivery rake, IH 1300 9 ft sickle mower, Hesston 4550 baler, along with rear flood light on the tractor.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Default Re: Recomendation on new garden tractor

You might be better served to look for a used GT tractor that suits your desires. Most people feel that a good hydrostat tranny fits their needs better and most of the models are equipped this way for that reason. Good luck with your search.

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

This little one looks impressive, although a bit smaller than you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/g...these-yet.html

I've been trying to get some Diesels myself, although I got some older kubota G4200 & G5200 which I didn't find too impressive. Newer Kubotas are a bit expensive.

I am on a bit of a hillside, and been thinking that a zero turn mower would likely handle much better than the traditional lawn tractors due to the low/wide design, but I haven't gotten one yet. Still, if you are planning on mowing, the zero-turn class of machines is worth considering.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
    This little one looks impressive, although a bit smaller than you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/g...these-yet.html

I've been trying to get some Diesels myself, although I got some older kubota G4200 & G5200 which I didn't find too impressive. Newer Kubotas are a bit expensive.

I am on a bit of a hillside, and been thinking that a zero turn mower would likely handle much better than the traditional lawn tractors due to the low/wide design, but I haven't gotten one yet. Still, if you are planning on mowing, the zero-turn class of machines is worth considering.

Depends on the garden tractor you select, my x749 with 4x4ws does an awesome job on slopes.

Tractor
    CAT 330l excavator, Kubota l39 backhoe

So I on the computer last night and my wife said open your email, this mower pops up, I said what about it? She says I just bought it for you. I`m not sure how she picked this one, but after some research I couldnt be more pleased. Nice short wobble sticks like I run everyday in my excavator and made in the USA to boot. Now the real kicker, the phone rings this morning, a man introduces his self as Elton Allan and explains he is the owner of Swisher power equipment and wanted to thank me for my purchase. After a nece visit he gives me his personal # and says call to let him know how I like the mower after it arrives and also should I have any problems. I`m sold. I have purchased several 300.000 doller excavators from differant makers and all I ever got from them was a payment book. I cant wait for it to get here.

ZTR2454KA Swisher´Ż« 24 HP 54" Kawasaki Zero Turn Rider - Zero Turn Mowers

Tractor
    2001 cub cadet& troybilt tiller. '93 or '94

I dont see a ything basic like what you have. Its all fancy. Nice,though. Expensive too. Look up. Simplicity legacy XL. Nice!!!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Try Simplicity Conquest.
    Murph ------------