Recomendation on new garden tractor

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
My 30 year old Sears GT tractor is on it last legs. Its is a 22 HP twin manual 6 speed with 44" deck - perfect for what I need to do. I do have a few ground attachments for is such as a small back blade and dozer/snow blade. I cant get parts for the front end that is wore out. Currently running second hand salvage stuff, but I know it wont last long.

Looking for a replacement. Everything out there now has bells and whistles. I am looking for a manual trans - no hydrostatic nothing (less to break). Hopefully something that will still work with my attachments. My current unit is built like a tank - don't know who made it, possibly MTD. New stuff seems light and throw away.

Thoughts - nothing fancy, just basic will work well. Any and all brands OK if they will work.

Thanks

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #2  
You might be better served to look for a used GT tractor that suits your desires. Most people feel that a good hydrostat tranny fits their needs better and most of the models are equipped this way for that reason. Good luck with your search.

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #3  
This little one looks impressive, although a bit smaller than you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/general-lawn-garden/272033-anybody-got-one-these-yet.html

I've been trying to get some Diesels myself, although I got some older Kubota G4200 & G5200 which I didn't find too impressive. Newer Kubotas are a bit expensive.

I am on a bit of a hillside, and been thinking that a zero turn mower would likely handle much better than the traditional lawn tractors due to the low/wide design, but I haven't gotten one yet. Still, if you are planning on mowing, the zero-turn class of machines is worth considering.

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #4  
This little one looks impressive, although a bit smaller than you have.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/general-lawn-garden/272033-anybody-got-one-these-yet.html

I've been trying to get some Diesels myself, although I got some older Kubota G4200 & G5200 which I didn't find too impressive. Newer Kubotas are a bit expensive.

I am on a bit of a hillside, and been thinking that a zero turn mower would likely handle much better than the traditional lawn tractors due to the low/wide design, but I haven't gotten one yet. Still, if you are planning on mowing, the zero-turn class of machines is worth considering.

Depends on the garden tractor you select, my x749 with 4x4ws does an awesome job on slopes.

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #5  
So I on the computer last night and my wife said open your email, this mower pops up, I said what about it? She says I just bought it for you. I`m not sure how she picked this one, but after some research I couldnt be more pleased. Nice short wobble sticks like I run everyday in my excavator and made in the USA to boot. Now the real kicker, the phone rings this morning, a man introduces his self as Elton Allan and explains he is the owner of Swisher power equipment and wanted to thank me for my purchase. After a nece visit he gives me his personal # and says call to let him know how I like the mower after it arrives and also should I have any problems. I`m sold. I have purchased several 300.000 doller excavators from differant makers and all I ever got from them was a payment book. I cant wait for it to get here.

ZTR2454KA Swisherョ 24 HP 54" Kawasaki Zero Turn Rider - Zero Turn Mowers

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #6  
I dont see a ything basic like what you have. Its all fancy. Nice,though. Expensive too. Look up. Simplicity legacy XL. Nice!!!

/ Recomendation on new garden tractor #7  
Try Simplicity Conquest.