?new rear engine murray?

/ ?new rear engine murray? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
saw one at walmart.. looks like a small rear engine job.. economy for sure.. reminiscent of an old snapper.

anyone used one? got one?

my last murray economy mower is now over 16ys old.. still going good.. though the deck is about shot... it will make it thru this season.. but I may think about a repalcement...

/ ?new rear engine murray?
190cc.. hm.. what is that.. like 7.9 hp? :)

i was just guessing about 25cc per hp or so,

still.. hard to believe it's cutting and driving.. still.. i gues it's only a 2' cut..e tc.. and my current one is like 42" on 12.5hp etc.

If I could find a good deck for it.. the chassis may goon another few years. engine is good..

/ ?new rear engine murray? #6  
I don't recall ever seeing a riding mower with just a 24" cut. It would take a long time to mow any substantial area, especially if the turning radius on the Murray is anything like that on the Snapper RER I used to own.

Steve

I don't recall ever seeing a riding mower with just a 24" cut. It would take a long time to mow any substantial area, especially if the turning radius on the Murray is anything like that on the Snapper RER I used to own.

Steve

well.. I posted the link.

as for time? I have only a small bit of area around my house as 'lawn'. the rest is pasture.

on my current murray it takes me less than a half hour to mow.. and some of that is overlap as i can;t maneuver around the fence and house corners well. I bet I could still mow it rigth at 30m with a 24" mower... just due tot he maeuverability i'd pick up.

just wondering if anyone had one..

/ ?new rear engine murray? #8  
well.. I posted the link.

Chris,

I wasn't questioning whether Murray was marketing a 24" riding mower -- I had seen the mower at my local WM. I was just questioning the extent of the market for such a narrow cut.

Steve

kmart sold them as well ( think they were mtd / rebrands - yard machines back then ). I've seen some awefully small consumer grade ZTR's as well.

I think they fit the market for the poeple with micro lawns.. but that don't want to walk behind a push mower.

my guess anyway..