need advice on temporary water line

/ need advice on temporary water line
a quick first report, then off to a long hot shower.
It worked....yea.
I didn't bring enough hose clamps with me, and one kept popping out, naturally at the bottom of the hill.
so I'd be watering and then nothing. Did that three times until I lost my sense of humor and wrapped that fitting with
enough duct tape so it wasn't going anywhere. Tomorrow I will put it together properly, but just wanted to see if the water would climb.
And yes, it took a while to fill up that column of water, but out it came. And the veggies all got watered.

turns out we only needed four rolls, so the main run was four hundred feet, not five, and boy is it nice to just turn on the faucet.
Next year a new well is being drilled for this location, but for now, my Rube met Goldberg in fine fashion.
Not enough pressure to run a large water sprinkler but plenty to hand water.
tomorrow I put a check valve in the hose at the bottom so all the water doesn't drain out when I unhook the hose from the hydrant.

So I started off with 75 feet of 3/4, went to four hundred feet of one inch black pipe, then back to a last piece of 5/8 hose.
I bet I could do a little better if I could find an initial run of one inch garden hose, but it was all sold out wherever I went.
I finally gave up this morning and bought the 3/4.

One inch hose?
Uh, they don't make it in that size.
Yes they do.
Oh. We only have 5/8, or something.
Thanks.
repeat twice.

/ need advice on temporary water line #22  
Great - glad it worked BTW, you don't need to put a check at the bottom, a 1' valve at the top will hold the water in the line as long as you don't have air leaks in your fittings.

Did you heat and couple and clamp the pipes or just push together "cold"(yes that's the hard way)

/ need advice on temporary water line
I think I felt like the first oil driller, when that water came out, it was mighty fine.
I had previously tried sliding in the connectors and they went in ok, so with a little mother nature's
lube (spit) they slid in with some difficulty, which they should. Then I stainless steel clamped them, well
not enough as anything not clamped sure wanted to pop out. Will finish that today with my reserve bag of clamps; didn't bring
enough of the right size.

interesting thought on the check valve. I suppose if the hose nozzle were tight enough (unlikely) I could just leave the nozzle shut. Might see how that works
but I bet over night it would drain. Or maybe not. Will take some pics which I forgot to do yesterday, too tired and muddy when I was done, after that fitting popped at least three
times and drenched me in the process.

and the peas and lettuce cheered!