Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference??

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #1  

Dave2425

Tractor
JD 3720
My 44" Cub Cadet ZForce that the previous owner of our place is on it's last leg and I'm looking to upgrade. I mow +/- 4 acres with about 100 trees that I drive around.

There aren't many options where I live - Cub Cadet, JD, Exmark and Hustler are my choices. There's a Bad Boy dealer about 40 miles away but I'd rather buy locally.

I've read through dozens of posts on this and other sites and think a 54" Hustler FasTrak is my best option. The dealer doesn't have a FasTrak demo but he's bringing out a Super Z for me to try tomorrow (I know the Super Z is a completely different beast but it should give me an idea of how they drive).

Is it worth spending $1000 more for the Super Duty ($5499 vs $6499)?

The differences that I can see are:
- Commercial series engine
- Bigger air filter
- Foldable ROPS (I'm going to remove due to all of the trees I mow around)

Last edited:
   / Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #2  
I thought so a couple of years ago when I bought mine. I mow some pretty rough stuff & have been satisfied with mine. If your ground isn't real smooth, I recommend the flex forks.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference??
I thought so a couple of years ago when I bought mine. I mow some pretty rough stuff & have been satisfied with mine. If your ground isn't real smooth, I recommend the flex forks.

Thanks for the reply. The ground and ditches can get pretty bumpy so I'll definitely look into the flex forks.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #4  
I had the same decision to make a little over a year ago and went with the SD.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #5  
My 44" Cub Cadet ZForce that the previous owner of our place is on it's last leg and I'm looking to upgrade. I mow +/- 4 acres with about 100 trees that I drive around.

There aren't many options where I live - Cub Cadet, JD, Exmark and Hustler are my choices. There's a Bad Boy dealer about 40 miles away but I'd rather buy locally.

I've read through dozens of posts on this and other sites and think a 54" Hustler FasTrak is my best option. The dealer doesn't have a FasTrak demo but he's bringing out a Super Z for me to try tomorrow (I know the Super Z is a completely different beast but it should give me an idea of how they drive).

Is it worth spending $1000 more for the Super Duty ($5499 vs $6499)?

The differences that I can see are:
- Commercial series engine
- Bigger air filter
- Foldable ROPS (I'm going to remove due to all of the trees I mow around)

For just about every manufacturer it's approx. $1k to step up a "series". The Fastrak is at best a medium/high-end Residential machine and the Super Duty has more Commercial features(just below the "official" Commercial Super Z). The Super Duty is a high-end Residential/entry-level Commercial machine and yes....well worth the extra money for mowing 4 'rough" acres regularly(if you want it to last).

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference??
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I bought a Super Duty with flex forks and it was delivered yesterday.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #7  
Let us know what you think of it after you have mowed with it a couple of times. If this is your first zero turn, it will take a bit to get used to it.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #9  
Also, run the tires at 8 psi. Rides much better. Likely, the dealer put in more. Mine did.

/ Hustler FasTrak vs FasTrak Super Duty - Worth $1K difference?? #10  
Also, run the tires at 8 psi. Rides much better. Likely, the dealer put in more. Mine did.

Locoweed,
The mechanic at my dealer told me to run 2-5 psi "more" than the manual stated for a better ride and I asked him "don't you mean LESS", which is what I've always thought improved the ride(less bumpy if less full of air). He said no....MORE psi gives a smoother ride. I apologize for hijacking this thread's original subject but wanted to throw that out there for me to get some additional advice on the subject(since you brought it up:0)