Anybody out there have a dixie chopper?

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper? #1  

mx842

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301, PowerKing 2414, John Deere 316, Gravely ZT HD 52
What do you use in the hydraulic system. It seems they want you to use Lucus 15W 40 magnum motor oil in the hydraulics. Every oil company says their oil is the latest and the greatest but is there really a need to use this oil? I use Rotella 15W 40 in just about everything with regard to oil in my lawn equipment, engines as well as to the hydraulic and hydro shift systems on them. It makes it easier to keep up with and that oil is real easy to get and fairly reasonably priced. Is there any reason it should not work for the wheel motors on the chopper as well?

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper? #2  
I use Mobil One in the engine and for the hydraulics.

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper? #3  
I assume it calls for this oil in both the engine and hydraulics? The Rotella will do as long as its the same specs and weight.. CI-4, or newer CJ-4, and 15w-40.

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper?
Thanks, I had some mobil one but it was the regular oil......(I was wondering why I got it so cheap) and even though it had the same SM rating I decided to just use the Rotella. I've used that in all kinds of motors and equipment and it always seems to work, it's easy to find too and is easy on the pocket book.

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper?
I assume it calls for this oil in both the engine and hydraulics? The Rotella will do as long as its the same specs and weight.. CI-4, or newer CJ-4, and 15w-40.

Well the engine takes a lighter oil they say 10W 30 is what they recommend but I don't think 15W 40 would hurt anything especially in the summer.

/ Anybody out there have a dixie chopper? #6  
Shouldnt, but, if I increase oil weight on a low hour engine, I try to use synthetic so it flows 'easier'. Know what I mean? High hour, high wear engines increasing the oil weight is usually not that big of deal as it helps keep the oil pressure (most important) up anyways..