Gold Member
    SE PA
    2001 Kubota BX2200, 2011 Hustler Super Z 31 Kawi

Default Any feedback on "Dixie Chopper" ZTR?

Friend of mine with a dieing cub cadet is looking for an affordable ZTR. kubota ZD18F at $9K is too much. Small Simplicity is about $6, not bad, but "Dixie Chopper" is $5500 for their smallest unit. Anybody have any info on these things? I think they are locally made (SE PA).

- Patrick

Goshen, NY
    JD 790

Default Re: Any feedback on "Dixie Chopper" ZTR?

Saw their top and bottom of the line units at a tractor pull recently. They looked pretty stout. The one $$$ unit had twin Kawasaki? motors and was supposed to be the world's fastest mower at 20mph! Man you better have a large flat property at that speed [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I think one was about 5k and the other was 9K.

Default Re: Any feedback on "Dixie Chopper" ZTR?

I have had my Dixie Chopper for about 5 years now and I love it. No real problems other than a broken belt once, and patching up tires. They are pricey, but they last a LONG time and maintain awesome resale value when you go to sell them to get a new machine. I highly recommend. I have the 60" Silver Eagle and mow 5 acres in about 2 hours.