MTD parts mower

/ MTD parts mower #1  

woodmills1

Gold Member
Tractor
kioti LK3054
My neighbor two doors down has a guy who does all kind of jobs for him around his house and yard. I have been doing some tractor work for him and yesterday he gave me a riding lawn mower. It looks to be in good shape but apparently someone took off every pat that sits where the shifters are. I mean the metal and any switches that would be right in front of me when riding on it, along with all of the shifter knobs. I think there must have been some kind of switch or lock out because the cables from the battery and starter are just kinda hanging out with out being connected together.

So it is an MTD LT 12.5-38 anyone have a parts machine or any info or help?

/ MTD parts mower #2  
If the MTD is a 1998 model or newer you can enter the model and serial number in the link below and you can view an online manual. If it is older than 1998 you can call 1-800-800-7310 to order a manual.

MTD product manuals

Good Luck,
Spence

/ MTD parts mower
Thanks for the tip, I had checked that site and found it is a 94 model. I am not sure an owners manuel will help. I think there was a solenoid located under the sheet metal that covers the shifter and levers. The solenoid is less than $20, but what I am hoping is to find the sheet metal and shifter knobs from a junked mower.