bad boy?

/ bad boy? #1  

BLUEBONNET2

Gold Member
Tractor
nortrac 25 xt JD zeroturn 54", briggs mtr.
good morning,

anyone got a bad boy z-turn 54" with the briggs 27 hp motor? I have a john deere z425 with less than 200 hrs and it is in the shop more than I cut....replace carb, new battery, etc.... stay on a battery tender(auto), non ethanol gas, two sets of blades in two years..annual service at the dealer....etc. mow 3.5 ac. lots of Bahia(pain in the arse....)

TSC has a badboy 54 for 3500.....just asking....

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2

/ bad boy? #2  
good morning,

anyone got a bad boy z-turn 54" with the briggs 27 hp motor? I have a john deere z425 with less than 200 hrs and it is in the shop more than I cut....replace carb, new battery, etc.... stay on a battery tender(auto), non ethanol gas, two sets of blades in two years..annual service at the dealer....etc. mow 3.5 ac. lots of Bahia(pain in the arse....)

TSC has a badboy 54 for 3500.....just asking....

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2

So, your profile has a Hustler FasTrak 52.......do you not have that ZTR(much better machine than either the JD or Bad Boy)???? But to answer your question, based upon my limited knowledge, I looked at Bad Boys last fall when I was shopping for my first ZTR. I "definitely" passed on the John Deere's(and based upon your experience with them I'm really glad I did). Now the Bad Boy models I saw at a local dealer(especially the Outlaw series) were very solid, well-built looking machines. I also looked at the entry-level Residential ZT series at TSC you are talking about. ABSOLUTELY no comparison and I would not recommend the ZT's at all. I have read some owner comments on this and another forum and either they love their Bad Boy or they hate it(somewhat "mixed" reviews"). For mowing a 3.5 acre area of Bahia grass regularly I would definitely discourage buying an "entry-level" Residential ZTR(which would most likely yield the same results as your JD Z425) and instead would recommend that you at least consider a "high-end" Residential if not an "entry-level" Commercial model. It will be difficult for you to buy any ZTR at < $5K-$6K that will hold up for what you are using it for. Sorry, that's my honest opinion and probably not what you wanted to hear:0(

/ bad boy? #3  
Look at the hydraulic/pump and motor combination on these Bad Boy mowers at TSC. The ones I looked at were the throw away hyrogear units not like the commercial hydraulic pump with wheel motors. I would stay away from these units.

/ bad boy?
good morning,

thanks,
I tried to change my profile but it didn't work...sold the hustler and the yanmar a couple years ago.....second thoughts...lol...will keep shopping..its mixed Bahia and Bermuda...

thanks again,

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2

/ bad boy? #5  
The part that scared me away from Bad Boy more then anything is that it's sold at Tractor Supply and if anything ever goes wrong with it, I don't have any confidence in them taking care of it.

Eddie

/ bad boy? #6  
I have to agree with the above comments. Not a big fan of the bad Boy here. I sold this type of equipment for 25 years. My two favorite are the Gravely orToro units. Need to get the best wheel motor and pumps & Fabricated deck. You can find a good deal if you look around. someone will be looking to clear some inventory. I know we always
wanted to clear out the old stock as it cost us to keep it around.

/ bad boy? #7  
I have to agree with the above comments. Not a big fan of the bad Boy here. I sold this type of equipment for 25 years. My two favorite are the Gravely orToro units. Need to get the best wheel motor and pumps & Fabricated deck. You can find a good deal if you look around. someone will be looking to clear some inventory. I know we always
wanted to clear out the old stock as it cost us to keep it around.

BLUEBONNETT2,
I can't argue with user sox3 and I would recommend that you look at the Gravely ZT HD or Toro Titan MX series of high-end Residential units or the Gravely Pro-Turn or Toro Zmaster 2000 series entry-level Commercial units.

/ bad boy? #8  
I would take a look at a Hustler Fastrak Super Duty...very well built Machines and they come with the best warranty on the market..standard rule of thumb....NEVER EVER BUY A ZERO TURN MOWER WITHOUT A CHAIN HUNG DECK

/ bad boy? #9  
If you want to avoid downtime, make sure you are buying from a good dealer. Bad Boys are competitively priced, but somewhat questionable quality. Like djdicetn said, reviews are mixed, which is not good. A lot better reviews with other name brands, such as SCAG, Exmark, and Ferris. All of these are built in the USA I think, which is a plus for me. (Bad Boy is too)

/ bad boy? #10  
My friend made the mistake of buying the one sold by TSC and it never did work right and they wont stand behind any warranty either, so DONT be a TSC victim ---get the the the commercial model if you want that brand! thanks; sonny580