Agrifab lawn vac

/ Agrifab lawn vac #1  

mkow1969

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland T1110
Thought i'd post a quick note on my agrifab lawn vac. It's one of those tow behinds with the motor on it. You can find them at Tractor Supply. I was a little doubtful it was a good purchase until I used it the first time. Thing works great. I will never rake my lawn again. It does look like I vacummed my lawn when I'm finished with it. If anyone has any questions let me know. Great product. Sure, you can buy better ones for more money but for the price it's hard to beat.

/ Agrifab lawn vac #2  
Thought i'd post a quick note on my agrifab lawn vac. It's one of those tow behinds with the motor on it. You can find them at Tractor Supply. I was a little doubtful it was a good purchase until I used it the first time. Thing works great. I will never rake my lawn again. It does look like I vacummed my lawn when I'm finished with it. If anyone has any questions let me know. Great product. Sure, you can buy better ones for more money but for the price it's hard to beat.
Got any photos? What is the great price you mentioned? I've been thinking about buying a lawn sweeper to sweep up the clipping where my grass is exceptionally thick, but a lawn vacuum might also be in the budget.

/ Agrifab lawn vac #3  
Me to.. especially for the fall when leaves represent a lot of work. And since it is a motorized tow behind, I could use my 30 year old Case 448 instead of the bigger, still shiny, like new Kubota.

/ Agrifab lawn vac #4  
If it's the one pictured, it is (was) also sold by Sears as a Craftsmen Chipper/Vac. I have one and they are about $1600.00. The good news is they do work well, the bad news is the impeller housing gets "sanded" very easily and I have had to replace both sides of the housing in the three years I've had the Chipper. The sand/dirt actually ate through the metal. It's easy to tell when it happens though - the back of your head starts getting dirt blasted :eek:

Attachments

• chipper_vac.jpg
    chipper_vac.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 138
   / Agrifab lawn vac
Hi Gary, I got mine used for 1200. It was a little pricey for a used one but the hose kit was thrown in on the deal. If I'm just cutting grass with it the thing does a nice job. I think it's a good investment. The lawn sweepers are nice but I've had better luck with the vac. Of course you pay a bunch more money. :) Sometimes you can find them used and if they aren't beat up you can make out ok.