MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question...

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #1  

pcs2011

Hi - Working on removing drive side bearing from my MacKissic 12PT10 shredder. Bearing completely distroyed!! (see photos)
I am having trouble removing the existing bearing drive pulley. I removed all the set screws and tried using a bar to pry it off but no go.

Thinking I need some kind of puller.

Any help appreciated.
Pete

Attachments

• P1030188.JPG
    P1030188.JPG
    503.6 KB · Views: 199
  • P1030190.JPG
    P1030190.JPG
    483.5 KB · Views: 186
  • P1030191.JPG
    P1030191.JPG
    559.2 KB · Views: 178
   / MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #2  
Nothing is easy when it comes to removing a stuck pulley. If all of the set screws are out, it should pull off. Penetrating oil (acetone/ATF); maybe some heat on the center of the pulley and a good gear puller are all in order. Remember not to pull so hard that you break the pulley.

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #3  
You might also try calling MacKissic at 1-800-348-1117 or e-mail at info@mackissic.com. Cheers, Mike

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #4  
Air hammer/chisel with punch point held against the end of the shaft while pulling on the pulley will 99% of the time walk them right off. I usually drill a center in the shaft to keep the punch from walking.

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #5  
Probably a bit of heat on the sheave and a puller will take it off. When you use the puller go between the spokes and under the edge of the hub, if not you're liable to break the edges off the sheave.....Mike

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question... #6  
Is that the one out of 4 that is non zerked? That one failed on my Mac as well, e.g. completely gone. As I recall, it was easy to remove and to put back. Everything on the Mac is easy to work on compared to a horrid TroyBilt Tomahawk I had before. The above suggestions should work. Just make sure the set screws are all the way out, maybe even removing them completely to make sure.

Ralph

/ MacKissic Shredder Bearing removal question...
Is that the one out of 4 that is non zerked? That one failed on my Mac as well, e.g. completely gone. As I recall, it was easy to remove and to put back. Everything on the Mac is easy to work on compared to a horrid TroyBilt Tomahawk I had before. The above suggestions should work. Just make sure the set screws are all the way out, maybe even removing them completely to make sure.

Ralph

THANK YOU ALL for your responses.
I am going to get the puller today and give it a try.
Thnaks again,
Pete