New rider mower

/ New rider mower #1  

farmhouse

I'm in the market for a new rider mower. I bought a Kioti LK3054 last year and I love it. However it's too big for the trimming jobs around my house and barn (Bermuda). I don't want to spend a bunch of money so I've looked at the Murray 18HP 42"cut at Home Depot. Considering the limited amount of work, would this brand be adequate? Before you all jump me-I realize that there are probably better brands (at a higher price!) but the perfect purchase to me would be matching the cost to the light weight job at hand. Help

/ New rider mower #2  
The new Deere L-100 series might be good for you as you are in the market for a cheaper built machine. Nicer mower decks and operators station than murry and not that much more money.

/ New rider mower #3  
The Husqvarna YTH1848XP is a nice unit. Clean design with an 18hp Kawasaki Twin that runs good and smooth. Visit Deen Implement Co. and go to their monthly specials. They seem to have some good end of the year prices on some Husqvarna equipment.

/ New rider mower
Thanks, I'll check it out. I have a Husky chainsaw that's terrific! Of course price is a strong consideration. Thanks for the post.

/ New rider mower #5  
I am a huge JD fan but alas all I could afford when it came time to get a lawn tractor was a used Murray and the thing has been great. My church has a Murray as well and it is often the only one of the 4 tractors that is up and running. For the money I think they are the best.

/ New rider mower #6  
The local Wal Mart had a left over Stanley 11 hp 26" cut for $900. It is one of the rear engine models. Something like that ought to work out pretty good. Or look around for an old Wheel Horse and become a collector. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New rider mower #7  
Our Lowes just had a 14.5 HP Bolens w/ a 38" cut for $600. If I hadn't just bought the New Holland would've considered it. For that price if you would've run it a couple of years you would've gotten your money's worth.

/ New rider mower
Thanks to all for the comments re. the riding mower search. I pulled the trigger on the Murray purchase, 18hp, 42 in cut with a Briggs and Stratton engine. I appreciate all of your thoughts and suggestions. Paid $875 including taxes at the Dallas Home Depot.

/ New rider mower #9  
Cool. That sounds like a pretty good price - is the tractor a hydrostatic or gear transmission? I need to get a new one for our church next spring (replacing a very beat up ol' MTD)