what to clean a pump up tank sprayer?

/ what to clean a pump up tank sprayer? #1  

schiker

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 1972 LCG, JD 5603
I usually just rinse the tank with fresh water a couple of times then fill with a bit of water and spray til fresh water comes out. I usually spray glysophosate and 2-4-D.

But The handle and valve still get a bit of sticktion to them with age.

Is there any better thing to clean them out with. I think a quart of water and drop of dawn dish soap shake, spray, then rinse and spray out clean water. I also thought of using a bit of Murphy's oil soap instead of dish soap. Anything else better to neutralize the glysophosate?

/ what to clean a pump up tank sprayer? #2  
To clean chemical residue you can use Nutra-Sol. They sell it at TSC. Round Up usually just requires water. 2-4d seems to hang around in the tank. I use it after I spray anything with 2-4d.
You might try a light machine oil on the outside moving parts of the valve. I would just soak it with PB Blaster and see if it frees up.

/ what to clean a pump up tank sprayer?
I have taken it apart a few times and lubed it with different things so far tried a Teflon oil and Silicone. Both seem to wash away in one spraying but do help for a while. Probably need a light water proof synthetic grease might try that next something like Super-lube ???

Will look for Nutra-Sol next trip. I googled some and 1 website said use detergent for 2-4-D and glysophosate but did not mention any particular type. Yes, I agree 2-4-D seems a bit harder to clean and seems to gum up the works.