Pressure washer pump repair?

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Are there any places that can repair the pump on a pressure washer? I have a Troybilt unit with a 3000psi pump that seems to have crapped out, a new one from TB is right at $220, plus shipping. Was wondering if there was somewhere I could send it to for repair? I know, most of them are not worth it, but if I could get it repaired for about $130 or less, I might be willing to go that route, especially if they give a like a 30 day warranty. Thanks.

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #2  
When mine went out the pump was $200 plus shipping..........just for the pump.....I used the motor elsewhere and bought a better washer.

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #3  
For future reference dirt andparticulates eat those this up. I installed one of those whole house filters on mine.

Last edited:
   / Pressure washer pump repair? #4  
Are you sure it is the pump and not just a stuck unloaded valve?

L2800 w/FEL - 72" Land Pride rake

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #5  
If its axial cam pump,I'm afraid you're out of luck,if triplex type,they can be repaired.

/ Pressure washer pump repair?
Are you sure it is the pump and not just a stuck unloaded valve?

/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean? I just know that with no high pressure hose connected to the pump's high pressure outlet, the water pressure coming out of it is no more than what it is coming out of the faucet, with the motor running wide open. I feel sure it's the pump itself.

/ Pressure washer pump repair?
If its axial cam pump,I'm afraid you're out of luck,if triplex type,they can be repaired.

How do you tell which design it is?

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #8  
What is the model number?

L2800 w/FEL - 72" Land Pride rake

/ Pressure washer pump repair? #10  
Mine did that once also after setting up for several months. I kept messing with it, starting, stopping, pressurizing, depressurizing and if finally started working. At first it would surge to high pressure then back to low pressure. I think it was the high pressure unloading valve that was stuck and finally broke loose. After a few minutes of surging and me clicking on and off on the wand, it started working normally.