/ Briggs & Stratton won't start #1  

ge66

Tractor
Simplicity Broadmoor
Briggs & Stratton 8 HP
Model 129432
Type 1035 E1
Carburetor Wallbro 2795 56

This engine has never failed. Always has started on 1st or 2nd pull. Until now.........

Fuel is the problem. If I dribble gas in the carburetor intake, it starts right up and runs long enough to burn that bit of fuel. I have fuel in the float bowl, but somehow the fuel doesn't get to where it needs to be.

I've taken the carburetor apart, cleaned it up. Yes, it was probably varnished up, gel type substance in the bowl. So, took it all apart, cleaned it up, blew it out. Everything appears to be clear. Jets are open, emulsion tube is clear. Inlet needle is clean and moves freely. Fuel pump seems ok. Bladder is intact.

Not sure about the carburetor numbers, those are what I found on the body, if they mean anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Briggs & Stratton won't start #2  
I had a small old Snapper string trimmer carb I had given up on. Haven't used it for over ten years, after it still wouldn't work after a carb rebuild, which included a rebuild kit and soaking in automotive carb cleaner.

So I thought I had nothing to lose if I tried something new. Soaked it for two ways in Sea Foam, turning about every 12 hours.

Now, it works as good as new. But that old trimmer sure is heavy compared to my new Echo!

Bruce