Help identify these attachments and their value please

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #1  

garacuda

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere LX255 - T0-30 - John Deere 4200 w/FEL
I've had these around for a few years thinking I would convert them to a 3 point hitch and use behind my old TO-30. I have since bought a new to me JD 4200 and a Woods tiller, so I really don't need them. My problem is I don't know how to list them, such as what they were designed to fit and what the value might be. They were bought from an Estate sale years ago and the seller said he though they were for an old Wheel Horse tractor that was no longer around. I just hate to see them setting around the yard not getting used if someone else wants or needs them. Might help offset the cost of the 3 point attachments I'm picking up and have yet to buy. :D

If anyone knows what they would fit and what they might bring, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20140805_200841_resized.jpg
    20140805_200841_resized.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 20140805_200802_resized.jpg
    20140805_200802_resized.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 20140805_200751_resized.jpg
    20140805_200751_resized.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 150
   / Help identify these attachments and their value please #2  
I'd call those a single moldboard plow and a cultivator, both drawbar pull. Verbage may differ by region.

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #3  
I'd call those a single moldboard plow and a cultivator, both drawbar pull. Verbage may differ by region.

Unfortunately, very few tractor owners will be interested in drawbar pull implements, which are very "old school", from the early 1960's or earlier. Drawbar implements add nothing to tractor traction; the advantage of Three Point Hitch mounted implements.

Maybe list on Craigs List for $75 plow, $50 cultivator, both for $100?

It is conceivable someone may buy the plow for parts. Be sure to market plow by size.

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #4  
Those are sleeve hitch attachments. It's hard to tell the size but I have some like it that fit a garden tractor. They might even have the name Brinley on them. Seems like I paid about $200 25 years ago for the plow.

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please
I thought they might be Garden Tractor attachments, with no means for lifting. What does one measure to size a plow, the length of the bottom of the plow blade? Did they stamp names on these or were they just stickers mostly? Knowing who made them would help me get it in front of the right group of folks who might be looking for one or the other. I think I gave $35 for both pieces a few years back.

Thanks for the input so far.

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #6  
Google sleeve hitch and you will see what they look like. You remove the deck and the lift handle has a rod that runs to the back of the tractor and hooks to the hitch. Then you raise and lower the plow with the deck lift.

I'm not sure how they are marked, but Brinley was the big name when I bought mine. I got some of the attachments at Lowes.

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #7  
Google sleeve hitch and you will see what they look like. You remove the deck and the lift handle has a rod that runs to the back of the tractor and hooks to the hitch. Then you raise and lower the plow with the deck lift.

I'm not sure how they are marked, but Brinley was the big name when I bought mine. I got some of the attachments at Lowes.

Now I know more than I did! That search was a big help, don't know why I didn't think to do that before. It makes sense now. Thanks!

/ Help identify these attachments and their value please #10  
I used to have a lot of fun playing with mine. I pulled them with MTD gt. One time
I plowed up my whole yard with it and reseeded. But it was nothing like plowing with my Workmaster.