Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ?

/ Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
One of my co-workers is looking for a new garden tractor for mowing and snow-plowing (Michigan). When I had a garden tractor the one thing I always wished it had was a differential lock for pushing snow just like the one I have on my larger tractor. Does anyone make a garden tractor with a diff lock?

/ Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #2  
Deere makes them, and I have had several. Deere 425, 445, and X485. Very handy to have, especially when one wheel begins to spin and you can lock the other one in to give you traction.

This is the top of the line of garden tractors.

Attachments

• 375691-asnowplowa.jpg
    375691-asnowplowa.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 597
   / Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #3  
Massey Fergerson & Simplicity claim to have some form of "posi - traction" transaxle on their top end garden tractors. So when one wheel spins it's adds power to the other wheel. It seems to work on my father in laws garden tractor.

/ Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #4  
Cub Cadet 3235 also has diff. lock.

/ Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #5  
Sound like a fine IDEA whish my Scotts did that.
Just curious, Would HIGH end Garden Tractor be at all close to price and size of the small Kabota BX?

/ Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #6  
Check out the Power Trac tractors at http://www.power-trac.com/productclasses.htm !

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif These tractors are FULL-TIME ALL-WHEEL DRIVE!!! Nothing to engage or disengage! Just right foot, forward; left foot, reverse; and steer!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Starting at $4,500 including standard FEL, they will mow, snow plow, and snow blow!!

Quality built from scratch in Virginia USA!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 376527-NEW  PT425 b .jpg
    376527-NEW PT425 b .jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 645
   / Garden Tractor with Differential Lock ? ? #7  
We had an old Bolens 850 with a lock. It required you to turn a knob on the hub to engage. I think the foot pedal on my B2400 is a little easier.

Also, the Simplicity 7114 I use at my mother's has "limited slip" which seems to work, although not a diff lock.