4x4 Lawnmower?

/ 4x4 Lawnmower? #11  
Thanks for the info I did not realize that you could get a prestige with 4WD. A little cheaper than the JD X700 as well.
I had a friend purchase a Simplicity Broadmore last year;I was super impressed with it.Lots of thought went into these machines.
. Welded fabricated deck,mesh seat,oil drain extension,locking rear end.His property has a quite steep hill and his machine walks right up it with no problems.

/ 4x4 Lawnmower? #12  
At the price of some of those Simplicity machines, I would consider buying a new Kubota BX or a used BX.

/ 4x4 Lawnmower? #13  
   / 4x4 Lawnmower? #14  
Why would you not want a ZTR? You can control each wheel separately and can go almost anywhere a 4WD albeit tires are more critical without 4wd.

The video of the Husquvarna made me squirm when I saw him make a U-turn and he planted the inside front tire and just twisted it. That usually leaves torn-up sod but maybe not if you have very gentle turf tires on it. I noticed they did not zoom in on that area. With a ZTR you certainly can do this but it is very easy to not do this and still turn a tight corner - in fact I am sure a U-turn is much quicker on a ZTR and mowing time is often directly relative to amount and quickness of turns. Straight out speed of cut is only useful in large open areas.

/ 4x4 Lawnmower?
I have zero problems buying anything made from a country like Japan. I have major problems buying anything made in/for/by countries that use "slave labor" and usually end up with a sub-par product. This usually includes China, India, etc. Mexico I'm neutral on. I try to buy USA made first and then after that any "1st world" country gets my business.

Some people still have an preference of an all American company over Japanese or others... Not to mention dollar for dollar they're a great value when everything is considered.

Simplicity Outdoor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ 4x4 Lawnmower? #16  
Some people still have an preference of an all American company over Japanese or others... Not to mention dollar for dollar they're a great value when everything is considered. Simplicity Outdoor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm pretty sure the BX is made in the USA. I know my Kubota ZD326 is as well!

I hear you about buying American made. Just remember MTD is made in the USA. /0:

/ 4x4 Lawnmower?
The few times I have used a ZTR (borrowed) I found they quite easily got stuck, especially in ditches. Also, I am leery of the fact that ZTR's will flip much more easily when moving forward uphill. I want to get my son to take over the mowing duties fairly soon and I don't feel totally comfortable with him on a ZTR. Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems like a traditional tractor would be better suited for my application. Although our terrain is perfectly flat here I have a lot of ditches and uneven terrain to mow around and I feel that a ZTR will not do as good a job.

Why would you not want a ZTR? You can control each wheel separately and can go almost anywhere a 4WD albeit tires are more critical without 4wd.

The video of the Husquvarna made me squirm when I saw him make a U-turn and he planted the inside front tire and just twisted it. That usually leaves torn-up sod but maybe not if you have very gentle turf tires on it. I noticed they did not zoom in on that area. With a ZTR you certainly can do this but it is very easy to not do this and still turn a tight corner - in fact I am sure a U-turn is much quicker on a ZTR and mowing time is often directly relative to amount and quickness of turns. Straight out speed of cut is only useful in large open areas.

/ 4x4 Lawnmower? #20  
I am not sure what you mean by "will not do as good of job". I do not see any difference in mowing quality between the two - that is a function of the deck and float. Maneuverability - the ZTR is far better. Steep angles or rough terrain - the 4wd would probably be better. I do not know the ditches you are talking about but on side angles I much prefer a ZTR over a regular tractor in ditches around here. I have used both.

I do not know what type of ZTR you are thinking about but I am not a fan of the mid-mounts. I prefer the front mounts for the ability to trim around bushes and other obstacles plus better under deck access. If I had to use a mid-mount on my property, I would swear every time I used it.