New mower time, what to get?

/ New mower time, what to get?
So I've been going over this thing, it does have a lot of hours but seems to run great!

Things I have found so far, dull blades, and one of them was upside down! Changed oil and filter. Lots of build up of dirt, oil, gynormous clumps of grease at every fitting! 2 cans of gunk so far with powerwashing after to clean things up! Brakes dont work real well and are next on the list to investigate. Just ordered the Hyd & Air filters. Here's the kicker.. PTO driveshaft is destroyed, at sometime or other his repair was to run a bolt through the yokes which beat both yokes to death (I knew I felt a vibration in there somewhere!). Couldn't track down a used one, the driveshaft shop an hour away could not find a replacement yoke so I had to bite the bullet and order a new one... $452 shipped! Turns my $1500 machine into a $2000 machine!:( It was either that or write off $1500...!

I do still think this machine will serve me well.. time will tell as they say..

/ New mower time, what to get? #22  
I dont like the little lawn tractor jobs and was pretty set on a zero turn mower. (just thought , budget around $2000-2500 ish).

IMO, zero turn mowers are for cutting FAST. I wouldn't call a proper zero turn comfortable, based on the speed they travel. I don't believe in buying a slow one - which is all you get for $2500. Also, zero-turns are the big fad right now and you can get other commercial mower designs for cheap. Your $2500 could get very good used commercial grade mower, if it's not zero-turn.

If you're going wider and you have a lot of trees, be careful you can still fit it well in between the trees. It's not crazy to pay a landscaper and ask them afterward what equipment "fits" best.