Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Default It ain\'t pretty, but.....

It ain't pretty but it only cost me $200 and it runs like a top. A buddy of mine sold it to me because he said it hadn't run since last summer. He sold his house last December and left it on the back porch. He told the new owner he would get it as soon as he could. He suspected it had a fouled plug. I went and pulled the plug and sure enough, it had no spark. $1.38 for a new plug and it fired right up. It is a JD 185. Guys at work are already bidding for it. So far it is up to $400.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Deere 316 (Kohler) Deere 316 (Onan) Deere 210

Default Re: It ain\'t pretty, but.....

Waddya mean it ain't pretty? All Deeres are born beautiful and die beautiful. It's the magic dust in the green paint. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Seriously, you got a great deal! I'd have dropped the same $200 in a heartbeat.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Nice Going !

Tractor
    John Deere 2210

JD 185 is a good mower. The 165, 175, 185 were noted for being hard to steer. Not a defect, just a character trait. If you are going to keep it for personal use, I would recommend removing both front spindles and installing a JD8875 (needle bearing from 4440 steering shaft) on the spindle, then reinserting it into the axle. Some times the top of the axle will need to be ground a little to allow the snap ring to fit. It is not power steering but I have done this to several mowers and it does help a little. The current price for the needle bearings is $2.45 each.