Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Default Huskee Lawn Tractor

Anybody know what year this is?

16hp, 42" cut.
    it has a 656cc boxer twin from Briggs & Stratton. I got it for $60 with no mower deck, but I want it for towing a small dump trailer around a pretty rough property. I will be rooting out stumps with the BX23 and loading them into dump trailer.

Fired the old beast up yesterday, the starter was stuck. It just took getting access to it, a little WD40, and it freed up. The tank is full of water due to a bad gas cap/gauge, I really need to track down a proper cap.

Mendo

Huskee Lawn Tractor-dpr_2769-jpgHuskee Lawn Tractor-img_3388-jpgHuskee Lawn Tractor-img_3387-jpgHuskee Lawn Tractor-img_3389-jpgHuskee Lawn Tractor-img_3391-jpg
    Last edited by mendodave; 10-20-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23

Default Re: Huskee Lawn Tractor

That is my old kubota seat, the stock one. It was very uncomfortable on the BX23, sloping too far forward, apparently the stock seats all did that. There was a sale at Messicks so I snagged the improved one, and was saving this for a rope swing or something. Fits perfect, and it is VERY comfy!

Looks a lot like my 1982 Agway GT 18/42. Means it's a Murray I'd guess a couple of years later 85 or 86 maybe.

Tractor
    Kubota BX23

It runs pretty well, considering. It needs new plugs, fuel line, and fresh gas. I strapped on an extra R80G/S tank with old gas in it and it ran. Got it warm and shut it off, the top was off and it's not getting any cooling. I unfroze the choke and throttle cables and R&R'd the tank, it is now clean and back in place. I have no idea about the drive belt/belts. Its got no mowing deck, looks like one belt. WTF, stuff it in first and dump the clutch, right?

Mine has one long belt for the drive. I always ease it in because I have no idea what size it takes and no one else seems to know either. It's not the easiest to get on and off either. I have a mower deck on mine but it's in bad shape, I also have a 38 inch that probably fits it. I plan on taking it off and using it mainly for towing which is typically all I use it for anyway. I'd like to find a snowblower attachment but I haven't located one within a suitable driving distance.