Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 Air Ride Seat?

/ Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 Air Ride Seat? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 or Grammer MSG65 Air Ride Seat?

I purchased a new Ferris IS2100Z two days ago. Today I winterized the new mower and put it into storage, but I dream of putting on an air seat this spring to sooth my ailing back. :)

Does anybody have any feedback on the Milsco's V5400, or Grammer's MSG75 (the 2.3 in. 60 mm travel version) or any other model of air seats for zero turns?

Even better does anybody know of any OEM mowers with an air suspension seat so I can got demo the seat before committing to purchasing a seat (I went through a pile of office chairs before I discovered the now discontinued Herman Miller Equa chairs work great for me).

Here is my new mower. :)

22481146003_efeb8cbff7_h.jpg

Last edited:
   / Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 Air Ride Seat?
med_324.JPG

Toro's uber-mushy seat isolators off of the existing Z-Master series on their deluxe seat are part number:

109-9034 ISOLATOR-SEAT

The deluxe seat from Toro/Exmark has a fixed, non-adjustable backrest, and nothing for dialing in and out lumbar support.

Yet another seat seller. This one has more Grammer options, but if I purchase a Grammer, I will purchase it from the Minnesota distributor so as to be able to return it if it doesn't work out with my back.

https://www.turfseats.com/p-1849-exmark-136-uni-pro-air.aspx

Grammer MSG75/531 dimensions

MSG75_illustration.gif

The Ferris seat pan is predrilled at the standard 11.25" wide by 11" deep. The operator presence switch is not located in the seat, it is the located in the seat pan support bar and is the silver spring-loaded assembly in the photo below that is pressed down by the seat pan itself when an operator is present.

22698099614_feb0e70c0b_h.jpg

/ Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 Air Ride Seat? #6  
Subscribed, thanks for the links. :thumbsup:

Need to put some suspension under this seat or replace it.

PB230021.JPG

PB230025.JPG

PB230026.JPG

Seats Inc. appears to be the OEM supplier for a zillion seats with the same profile as my stock, unsuspended seat. From the adjusting hardware, I suspect they also make Toro / Exmark deluxe suspension seat but I have not found the exact seat to confirm. Here is my stock seat sitting on an air suspension system.

I3A
http://www.seatsinc.com/images/technical_drawings/I3A.pdf

I3A.png

And my stock seat sitting on a mechanical suspension.

1110lpms.png

The primary difference from my stock seat and the Toro / Exmark Deluxe seat is that these seats have an adjustable back and adjustable lumber.

1110 LPMS

They also sell mechanical and air seat suspension inserts.

HDLPS

The same Milco and Grammer distributer in MN is listed as a distributer of Seats Inc. as well.

Due to an on-going back and neck problem that I expect will only become worse (unless a faith-healer steps forward), some seats cause me immediate and frequently lasting back or neck pain, while others are comfortable. For that reason I'm hesitant to wade into any seat that I cannot first try out before purchasing. However, I've been unable to locate anybody with an air seat on a mower of any type and so with today being the last day of the seat distributor's sale, I pulled the trigger on a Grammer MSG75/531 air suspension seat with the headrest as well as a document box. With about $1K going in, I hope the MSG75/531 mounted on my new Ferris IS2100Z will meet my expectations or I'm making an expensive mistake.

Due to Minnesota quickly freezing up, I likely won't be able to mount the seat until Spring of 2016, but I'll make a video sharing my thoughts on the process and performance of the Grammer air seat mounted on an independent suspension zero turn mower.

23367156131_ede2fd5b52_h.jpg

/ Any feedback on Milsco's V5400 Air Ride Seat? #9  
I looked at the seat brochure, looks gooder-un: http://usa.grammer.com/fileadmin/_migrated/content_uploads/MSG75G_531_Product_Data_Brochure.pdf

I hope it is comfortable for you and will be looking forward to the video. :thumbsup:

I am looking for a used spring suspension seat base for my TORO 325D, like this one on the 328D.

View attachment 449189

That appears to be a Toro Uni-Pro seat.

K & M Uni Pro Replacement Bucket Seat — Gray, Model# 6803 | Construction Agriculture Seats| Northern Tool + Equipment

https://www.turfseats.com/p-1752-toro-129-uni-pro.aspx

You could add a Grammer suspension to it.

https://www.turfseats.com/p-1893-km-msg83-mechanical-suspension.aspx

There is an air seat version as well.