Mower recommendation for about 2 acres and snow removal

/ Mower recommendation for about 2 acres and snow removal #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
My fathers wheel horse riding mower may be on it's last leg after at least 30 years (he's still waiting for someone to fix what he believes is the PTO).

Dad is 85, 8 hrs away and I probably will be taking a run up to visit him in a couple of weeks.

He only has about 2 acres to mow, but the wheel horse has served him will with snow removal as well (basically about 25 yards from the garage to the road).

Being in NC myself, snow removal has never been a big concern of mine, nor have I looked for something for that particular need. Dad being by himself, may end up spending winters with me, or so he says, but that may or may not happen.

Looking for something under 5k, with perhaps the option of removing snow.

Can anyone steer me in a direction to start looking per brand and expected budget?

/ Mower recommendation for about 2 acres and snow removal #2  
At that price, I think you are looking at used equipment and even then, $5K wont get you much if you want to have a mower and snow blower. Just about any brand of equipment will work if it has been properly serviced and operated. Craigslist is your best bet but watch out for scams as they are frequently posted. If it sounds like too good a deal it is a scam.