Husqvarna or cub cadet for riding mower?

/ Husqvarna or cub cadet for riding mower? #11  
Cub was bought by MTD, but is made in it's own plant away from the other less quality MTD products.

/ Husqvarna or cub cadet for riding mower? #12  
Cub was bought by MTD, but is made in it's own plant away from the other less quality MTD products.

That is a relief, i.e. that Cub has their own anonymous facility.

I know Husqvarna bought American Yard Products which built a number of brands including some or all of Sears, Airens, Gravely, Dixon. Following who-shot-John anymore is a daily game. Manufacturers buy and sell brands like trading cards.

But, if MTD does own Cub Cadet, which was formerly owned by International Harvester, you can bet corporate influence dictates, or tries to dictate, to some degree substituting quality for profit. Sorry - but after wasting my money on so many MTD products, I've lost faith in that organization.

Back to the OP's original inquiry, my son bought one of the $1900 Husqvarna mowers. Less than a year old, and back to the shop 3 times. On the other hand, I own many Husqvarna tools including a couple of mowers. One, a $3100 GTH model, 3 years old, and a Rider 155 model 14 years old. Both have served me well. So, unless the OP elects to move on up to a higher quality mower it probably doesn't matter much which brand he selects. Just pick a color. It's a crap shoot regardless.

/ Husqvarna or cub cadet for riding mower? #13  
Transmission just gave up the ghost on my Cub Cadet LT 1042. It's about 9 years old, well maintained, and has about 235 hours on it. I'm in the market for something too. I'm too broken up and fat to push!