Winter Storage

/ Winter Storage #1  

dougbthom

Tractor
Sears Craftsman
What is recommended for storing a Craftsman lawn tractor during the winter months as far as fuel goes? Should the fuel tank be drained and run the engine dry? Thanks for your help.

/ Winter Storage #2  
Add some Stabil and/or start it a few times during the winter.

/ Winter Storage #3  
Run it out of gas. Same goes for your weed eater, chainsaw and tillers. Gas is not your friend.

/ Winter Storage #4  
I use Stabil in my gas from fall thru spring. So - when the snow flies - I pull the battery from my lawn mower, bring it inside, put it on the charger for a full charge and the lawn mower sits, quietly out in the carport. Whatever gas is in the mower has always been good when things start up in the spring.

Been here 32 years and have NEVER had a problem with bad gas - as long as I use a gas stabilizer. Use stabilized gas in chain saws, generator, trash pump, motorcycle, ATV ........ no problems.

/ Winter Storage #5  
I'm in the siphon out the gas and run her till she is bone dry crowd... Been doing this all my life with very few problems. I do have a new backpack blower that is running 'caned gas', the expensive stuff that comes in big cans at Lowes/etc. But that is because it came with three cans of it to allow it to have a longer warranty when I bought it. I keep two five gallon cans of gas that I rotate to keep fresh stuff around if I need it.

/ Winter Storage #6  
I drain tanks run dry both mowers even trimmers and remover batteries.