Gravely or Grasshopper?

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Reason I ask is that I have both dealers close and believe them to both make good products. The property I just purchased had a 20 plus year old Grasshopper 60" that was still running strong with minimal repairs. Are they still a good supplier and how do they compare to Gravely? Thank you

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #2  
I have GH's and couldn't be happier. They make quality, long lasting, heavy duty, mowers. I haven't owned any newer Gravely's, but I think they make a very high quality line too. Both brands make lower priced but above average mowers as well. My preference is to get the best quality I can afford. Then take care of it and it will last a very long time. If mowing a lot of acreage, try to get the best suspension seat from either brand - they both offer top of the line air suspension seats (some of the best of any brands). Their seat prices will shock you, but you'll be spending a lot of time on the mower over the years and the comfort is worth it.
If you plan to get a front mount for a better ride, easier deck care, etc, I'd go for the GH. If just getting a standard zero turn, I would test both mowers on your property if possible, then make your decision. That's what I did years ago before buying, after having my mind made up (or so I thought). The tests on my property were surprising and I'm glad I took the time to do that.

/ Gravely or Grasshopper?
Ok think I will go with the GH. Now to find a dealer. Thanks

Just bought the diesel Grasshopper with the Grammer suspension seat. Wow what a beast of a machine. Rides great too.

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #5  
I use mine year around... I put a sno-blower on in the winter,

standard.jpg

It's a sno-blowing fool.....yes, even in deep snow!

SR

Wow that's impressive.

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #7  
It really does make a great sno-blower combo!

standard.jpg

SR

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #8  
Just bought the diesel Grasshopper with the Grammer suspension seat. Wow what a beast of a machine. Rides great too.

Congrats on the new Grasshopper. Which model did you get?

I've got the 729BT and I love it. Wish it had the diesel motor in it, but the Big Block Vanguard engine is no slouch.

/ Gravely or Grasshopper? #9  
I had a 725 and put the 60" snow blade that GH makes on the front. Talk about a snow pushing beast.. I could clear 7 of my neighbors long driveways in about an hour.

Congrats on the new Grasshopper. Which model did you get?

I've got the 729BT and I love it. Wish it had the diesel motor in it, but the Big Block Vanguard engine is no slouch.

325D. Awesome machine and can't believe how stout it's built. Should last a long long time and the Kubota diesel is super smooth too.