BEST PUSH MOWER?

/ BEST PUSH MOWER? #1  

1Lawman

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093E
I would like to have a good 20" or 21" push mower.. I would like for it to have bearings on all four wheels. I don't mulch. I want side discharge..I prefer at least a 160 cc Honda engine or something equivalent. I don't want flimsy..I don't need an excellent cut..I just need it to be durable..Most of all I want all four wheels mounted securely with strength to stand the test of time..Does ANYONE make one? Thanks

/ BEST PUSH MOWER? #2  
Sure, Honda does - they have bearings on all four wheels, side discharge, at least 160cc Honda engines, good sturdy decks. The first one I owned lasted for over ten years until I bent the crank when I hit a chunk of iron covered up in the ditch.
Replaced that one with a Craftsman, but it had a Honda Engine - worked very well, but I just didn't like it all that well, gave it to the daughter.
Then I bit the bullet, took a serious bite out of my checking account and bought another Honda.

Every Honda engine I've owned usually starts on the first light pull, if it doesn't start on the second pull, it's out of gas and they have an excellent variable speed control if you want self propelled, which I highly recommend

/ BEST PUSH MOWER?
Do the front wheels have bearings? The front wheel assemblies seem junky..Are they strong?

/ BEST PUSH MOWER? #4  
All four wheels have ball bearings and the height adjustments are study.

I just went to their website and it appears that now all their mowers have the same size wheels, the one I bought has the larger rear wheels, but shouldn't amount to anything as long as your yard is reasonably smooth.

Five year warranty on the mower engine, deck is rust free and has a lifetime warranty.

/ BEST PUSH MOWER?
I'll try to find one I can look at....thanks..

/ BEST PUSH MOWER? #6  
I think Home Depot sells Honda push mowers. I also remember seeing them at Northern Tool.

/ BEST PUSH MOWER?
ok...thanks

/ BEST PUSH MOWER? #8  
On Honda, need to watch the models, the features change with models. I love my Honda mowers, but only get the commercial or the HRX models.

/ BEST PUSH MOWER?
Is HRX the commercial line or are they two separate lines?

/ BEST PUSH MOWER?
Looks like all the HRX models are self propelled..I don't want self propelled..