Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower #1  

1savoy

Gold Member
Tractor
B26, ZD323-60 and JD JX75 currently. Previous: L3800 HST w/ BH77, JD301-A , JD450C Dozer, JD 330, JD F525, Ford 4000, Farmall H
My father is thinking about selling his 332 Diesel lawn mower with a 46 inch deck. It has dual hydraulics and power steering, but no 3 pt hitch. The tractor is in excellent condition. It is always kept indoors, washed, waxed, and serviced. Does anyone know what the ballpark price he should ask for it. He is located in the western NY area. He is looking to replace this with probably a 2210 with 62 inch deck and FEL. Thanks for any advice.

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower #2  
Look at machinefinder.com, they show 6 332's in the US. Four of them are priced between $1995 and $3000 with nothing but a mowing deck.

Then they show 2 more at $5950 and $6900, but they have other attachments included.

I don't see any on ebay currently.

The number of hours are important. Once you come up with an asking price, let me know. My father in law is interested in just such a tractor (to replace his aging 110). This is also why I'm not going to suggest a specific dollar figure.

Cecil

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower
Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the machine finder. I will find out the hours on his tractor and I can take a couple of pictures. I will let you know what he figures out for a price. If you want email me at rcramer@rochester.rr.com and I can send you the info directly. If not, I will reply through this post. Thanks again.

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower #4  
We had one last summer at the JD dealer I work for and it sold for like 3 grand in medium to poor shape I thought. It was no where near mint condition but ran pretty good. I used it to mow for quite some time. Really nice and the 300 series are hard to find especially the diesels like you have. I bet 4 grand would be a good price for it.

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower
Nick,
Thanks for the reply. I checked out machine finder from another reply and the price you mentioned sounds fair. I really appreciate the advice. Thanks again.
Russ

/ Fair price for selling JD332 Lawn Mower #6  
Still interetsed, I'll follow up direct via email.

Cecil