looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans #1  

SPIKER

Elite Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Hi All:

hey I'm trying to find a transmition or more correctly a gearbox with a 1:1 raito with a forward and a revers. do not need multi gears, not sure if there is a reversing gearbox which can be had or not... we have a golfball picker which only runs forward now but if you do not park it right you have to pull it by hand backwards which means getting out and such... anyone know of a reversing gearbox then?

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans #2  
I don't know of a 1:1 tranny with a reverser. If it is hydralic it should be easy.

If it is a mechanical drive can you connect a starter motor to the driveshaft or belt. Put a pully or wheel on a starter motor. Mount the motor so the user can, with a lever, move it into contact with the shaft/belt. Then power up the motor.

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans #3  
Not sure how big your machine is but I used to have a small MTD 8 hp riding lawnmower that was for/reverse only. drive pulley lay underneath horizontally on a verticle shaft and driver sprocket was on the side on a horizontal shaft to chain drive the rear axle. If this setup sounds like it could work then you could scour a few lawnmower dealerships for something similar.

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans #4  
Thought of something else. Some forage harvesters have a reverser gearbox on the heads to spit out plugups, maybe an implement dealer could help out. I had an old New Holland which had a nice compact unit on it and it was strong enough that it could move a machine the size of yours.

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans #6  
Older MTD lawnmoewrs might have what you want the tranny is only fwd/rev with a differential. The speed is controlled by a variable pulley forward of the tranny.

/ looking for a 1 speed forward & revers trans
Thanks guys;

so far we are looking at converting to HYD and running it that way... biggest prob is then controlling speed easly enough... and cost... looking at about 1K to convert by time the HYD pumps valving hoses motors ect are bought...

I remember having an old rider that was forward/rev only with a gear handle straight shaft through. input on one side and output on other, fwd/rev was forward for forward and back for rev. (go figure) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and you had to be stopped to shift. that is what we need for this project... (now I just can't remember what it aws on or what happened to it! lol.)

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif