Choosing a new mower

/ Choosing a new mower #11  
Hustler used to have a "flex" something or other front wheel option for comfort.

I'm not familiar with your grass but going on your growth rates I'm guessing it a finer spindly sort of grass?

If this is the case the tip speed of your mower blades are the key to a good cut and that info used to be available.

Thought the Kubota was a more expensive option but also work out HP/inch (or whatever measurement you want) of cutting deck.

/ Choosing a new mower #12  
Hustler used to have a "flex" something or other front wheel option for comfort.

I'm not familiar with your grass but going on your growth rates I'm guessing it a finer spindly sort of grass?

If this is the case the tip speed of your mower blades are the key to a good cut and that info used to be available.

Thought the Kubota was a more expensive option but also work out HP/inch (or whatever measurement you want) of cutting deck.

Yes, I had the flex forks on my Hustler Miniz It still rode rough and if you had a teenager on it mowing full out it bounced and left grass uncut.

I have not ridden the Ferris but my nephew has the big Ferris and just loves it.

I think your best bet is to get a good seat on it. My Gravely has a much better seat than my miniz had and it is much more comfortable to run.

/ Choosing a new mower #13  
Yes, I had the flex forks on my Hustler Miniz It still rode rough and if you had a teenager on it mowing full out it bounced and left grass uncut.

I have not ridden the Ferris but my nephew has the big Ferris and just loves it.

I think your best bet is to get a good seat on it. My Gravely has a much better seat than my miniz had and it is much more comfortable to run.
I have the Flex forks on my Hustler Super Z.
They help take some of the sharpness out of the bumps, but I think my suspension seat and running 7-8 PSI in the tires helps the most.
I'm pretty happy with the ride.

/ Choosing a new mower #14  
I bought a Hustler X-One last year with a 60 inch deck, with a Kawasaki FX850v. I call her Bessie, very pleased with the purchase so far.

/ Choosing a new mower #15  
I have the Flex forks on my Hustler Super Z.
They help take some of the sharpness out of the bumps, but I think my suspension seat and running 7-8 PSI in the tires helps the most.
I'm pretty happy with the ride.

Yeh, the hustler Super Z is night and day nicer than the Miniz. My MiniZ seat didn't have much for springs from what I remember and very thin.

/ Choosing a new mower
Went shopping today and have decided 100% on the Hustler Fastrak SDX, the dealer is great, mower looks proper and the price is well within my range. Probably going back next week to write a check.

/ Choosing a new mower #17  
Went shopping today and have decided 100% on the Hustler Fastrak SDX, the dealer is great, mower looks proper and the price is well within my range. Probably going back next week to write a check.

Good choice. You won't be disappointed. That has the commercial HydroGear ZT 3400 transmission.

/ Choosing a new mower #18  
If you have a Simplicity dealer near;their zero turns are made by Ferris or at least in the same plant.
My BIL and SIL both purchased one and they are nice machines for a lot less money than a Ferris.

/ Choosing a new mower #19  
I've had a Fastrack SDX for a couple years and been happy with it. The seat does slide back a forth a bit to help the ride. I did install the flex forks on mine last year but I don't notice much of difference with them and in retrospect would not have spent the money on them. I only mow a couple acres once a week or so if the ride is too rough I just slow down a bit.

/ Choosing a new mower
I've had a Fastrack SDX for a couple years and been happy with it. The seat does slide back a forth a bit to help the ride. I did install the flex forks on mine last year but I don't notice much of difference with them and in retrospect would not have spent the money on them. I only mow a couple acres once a week or so if the ride is too rough I just slow down a bit.
Good to hear, I brought it home today no grass to cut but I'm ready for when there is in the next weeks.

20180220_154542.jpg