22 Ton log splitter "issues"

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues"
Sort of my thought as well.
Funny, just bought two hour meters this week and one is on the new lawn mower and one is going on the plate compacter (that will test how well they hold up!)

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #22  
Sort of my thought as well.
Funny, just bought two hour meters this week and one is on the new lawn mower and one is going on the plate compacter (that will test how well they hold up!)

What is a plate compacter? Which hour meters did you buy..I have become way more versed in hour meters than I intended, but the DR Stump grinder forced that upon me. I did not want one where the battery died and you have to toss it. I attempted to go the mechanical route but for my stump grinder and the way it is wired that was not happening.....after several attempts I discovered an awesome hour meter with a replaceable battery that will hold its memory.

"Vibratory plate compactors are engine-powered, walk-behind machines that impart powerful vibratory compaction effort to loose materials and asphalt via a bottom-mounted steel plate that might vary in area from 1.5 to 3 square feet. An eccentric drive mechanism propels the compactor forward"
Picture and engine mounted over a heavy steel plate that shakes causing things like dirt and gravel to be compacted tightly.
We have gravel everywhere and it works great at compacting it down and locking the gravel together so it does not roll on hills and slope. I also use it a lot when we build to compact the dirt then the gravel base to reduce settling.

Plate Compactor Basics for the DIY'er - Extreme How To

The hour meters I got were fairly cheap ones off Ebay. I would be interested in the better ones you found! I like knowing the hours so I can stay on track with my oil changes and general maintenance.

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #24  
Glad you got it fixed!

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #25  
What is a plate compacter? Which hour meters did you buy..I have become way more versed in hour meters than I intended, but the DR Stump grinder forced that upon me. I did not want one where the battery died and you have to toss it. I attempted to go the mechanical route but for my stump grinder and the way it is wired that was not happening.....after several attempts I discovered an awesome hour meter with a replaceable battery that will hold its memory.

So are you going to tell us what model that hour meter was, or is it a secret? Is it water resistant? Some of the ones with replaceable batteries are not. I'm not planning on submerging it, but I'd like one that can stand getting rained on.

A have a couple of hour meters on some equipment that do not have the replaceable battery. It's going to be a bummer when they die, since the new meter will not have the total hours on it.

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #26  
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like a great hour meter.....it just has a replaceable battery and is about the only one with a replaceable battery I found. But one of the things the reviews (and even the instructions mentioned) was that it is not waterproof. But it will maintain the memory of your hours when you swap batteries which is what I was after. The machine is a stump grinder and will be kept indoors and I will not be griding stumps in the rain. I am sure you have seen this one...and it is cheap but has some neat features like a tach as well as resettable job hours and hours to next maintenance and a backlight.

Amazon.com: Searon Backlit Digital Resettable Inductive Tacho Hour Meter Tachometer For Motorcycle Marine Boat ATV Snowmobile Generator Mower: Automotive

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #27  
I bet something was floating around in the system!--the oil should have been clean, so your flushong got something out of the system. --good deal!! thanks; sonny580

Agreed - it also had a slight milky appearance to it and seemed rather different than the recommend oil I refilled it with. Wondering if the TSC associate filled it with the wrong oil?
Just glad I got it running and working!

/ 22 Ton log splitter "issues" #29  
Would really be taken back if a hour meter lasted on a tamp. When a tamp is running I am amazed that the motor still works. Old Kohler 5 horse keeps mine jumping.