used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #1  

SPIKER

Elite Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16\" bar

Hi all: I was a at a garage sale this weekend and saw a nice used chain saw stihl 026 PRO with a 16" bar and extra chain, used 4 tiems according to owner. wanted a lot more than I was looking at for the farmboss with a 20" blade. and 2nd question can a 20" blade go onto a 026 PRO?

just thought I'd ask here first as usually get great responces. going to check e-bay too for ref.

Mark M :_

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #2  
Re: used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16\" bar

I'm confused and don't understand what you are asking for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Your first question was what?
Did you also look at a farmboss?

Second question (going to buy two saws?) is maybe, but would the saw be 'tip' or bar heavy with a 20" bar? Would you need to buy a different sprocket to run the 20" bar with the 20" chain?

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar

been there;

I was looking at a only used 4 times saw, it was / is a 026 pro with a 16" bar and extra chain. price was 400.00 after looking on e-bay it was a good 100 too much.

I wanted to know if a 20" bar would fit on the 026 pro, and by shopping on e-bay I saw some with the 20 and in the 026 size. stihl sells saw and then you buy the bar to fit youre needs. Should not need a different sproket as they are all 3/8" anyhow I can buy the NEW from DEALER Farmboss 310 for $340.00 with the 20" bar and extra chain. (Farm Boss is a non-commercial unit and has more plastic in it, the PROs are mostly all metal and much heavier and one reason I don't want one as my back can't handle the added weight. as it stands now e-bay prices with shipping is as much and in some cases more than the local dealer's price I got! (some people don't check the prices I guess and say I'll take that farmboss and pay the price of a PRO cost... OH WELL let them live and learn huh.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #4  

Spiker,

Actually, when I bought my 029 Farmboss (plastic housing), it was a good three pounds heavier in the specs compared to a 026 Pro. The Pro models have a higher power to weight ratio throughout the line it appears.

If I had it to do over again, I would buy one of the Pro series, although there is nothing wrong with my farmboss.

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #5  

Spiker, I went throught this myself about a year ago and wound up buying a MS 290, I now wish I had gotten the 260. The 310 you are looking at, actualy weighs almost 3 pounds more than the 260 and only has 1/2 horsepower more.

Just thought I would mention this as after using my saw for the last year I now would have spent the extra money to lose the 3 pounds.

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #6  

Spiker ... the PRO models are not heavier. In fact they are much lighter.

The power to weight ratio defines the price difference. A timber man on the line runnnig his saw for 6 or 7 hours needs this power to weight ratio.

Lifting a 310 (I have one) all day for several days running would be very taxing, believe me.

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #7  

I have a MS260 which is the updated 026 pro, it was pretty expensive so I would have wanted a good sum of money for it.
Ken

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #8  

ive got the ms 290 and payre 250.00 for it almost brand new!!!is a little heavy but use only for big limbs and cuttin bigger wood ..ue my husky 41 for most of my small limbs and they make a great pair.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TODD......by the way..the ms 290 is a great saw 2...

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar

boy I "assumed" that the metal PROs would be heavier but I NEVER actually compaired the specs! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif you know what they say when you ASS_U_ME things !/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the 026 PRO and the 290 are a bit different after looking much closer. I think i want one with the NEW fangled no tool needed chain adjuster though!? any thoughts on that thing any good or just a ah gee thing.

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ used price for a 026 PRO stihl with 16" bar #10  

If it's any help - I've got an older Stihl 028AV WoodBoss that I bought new for $279.00 about 15 years ago. I'd say it's in about the same class as the 026 or MS260 which cost roughly $400.00 new. These 028 saws routinely bring better than $225.00 on Ebay and probably have more use than mine. And I'm sure I would not take $225.00 today cause I could'nt replace it for that. Just remember - condition is everything in a used item like a chainsaw IMHO.