1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #1  

CGBear

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
I'm looking to buy a new replacement 8HP engine for my 1985 HORSE, Troy Bilt Tiller. Seems "Old Faithful" is on her last leg. I bought it brand new!

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I've searched but can't find any reference for it. The furthest back I've seen was 2002.

The model No. is: 195432, Type 0638 01

Last edited:
   / 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #2  
Bear - I have an 8 hp '82 horse. I will check my OP manual and see if it will be any help/

STRONGLY SUGGEST - get rid of your email address in the post above. People can use a private message system that is on TBN that does not require your address.

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine
Thank you! I wondered about it when I added.

Thank you, will be waiting for your review of the manual.

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #4  
View attachment 551078View attachment 551079 Man - having a satellite IP is a real, honest to God, true PITA at times. I tried adding these two items to the email above. But for some reason my IP drops the connection. Fortunately - by starting a new post and putting the info first - it works. So this is the page that tells about the whole engine you can order and the other was their mailing address & phone # in 1982.

By the way - I just looked at the second document and the phone # is tough to read - if its still any good. 518-235-6010

At least this will give you a starting point.

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #5  
B&G still make that special engine for the Troy Horses. They sell direct on line. I priced one a couple years ago and it was around $600, about $150 more for the electric start. Know a guy who adapted a HF electric starter type. PIA for him, wished he had never started.

Ron

Thank you, I'll research the lead. Thanks again . . .

Thank you Ron, I hope I can get one. I'd gladly pay the $600, my tiller is still in great shape.

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #8  
Thank you Ron, I hope I can get one. I'd gladly pay the $600, my tiller is still in great shape.
Which engine did it have?

/ 1985 8HP HORSE Troy Bilt Tiller; Replacement Engine #9  
Which engine did it have?

It is a B&S but has a special 4 hole direct bolt to the Horse frame. I was made for Troy. Has a 3/4" shaft instead of the standard 1". I was always going to fix mine but sold it cheap to a guy looking for a project for is 12 year old kid.

Ron