Lawsuit

/ Lawsuit #1  

Rainbow6

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518-48
`Don't know if many were aware of this lawsuit by JD against Kubota. Here is the outcome

Appellate Court Affirms Kubota's Trial Win Over Deere In Patent Case

On July 17, 2003, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) affirmed the jury verdict in favor of Kubota in a patent case brought by John Deere in U.S. District Court in Springfield, Illinois.

This decision confirms Kubota's long-held position that its mechanisms are based on its own prior technology that reflects an entirely different technical philosophy from that described in the Deere patent.

On March 31, 1999, Deere filed a lawsuit against Kubota Corporation and Kubota Tractor Corporation before the Federal District Court in Illinois claiming that the implement suspension mechanisms of Kubota's TG1860-series lawn and garden tractors and of other models (B-, BX-, and New G-series) infringe a patent owned by Deere. Kubota mounted a vigorous defense to what it felt were groundless allegations.

On April 5, 2002, following a two-week trial, the jury rejected Deere's arguments and issued a verdict that Kubota's implement suspension mechanisms did not infringe Deere's patent. The District Court later affirmed the jury's verdict and issued a final judgment in favor of Kubota.

Deere initiated the lawsuit with a public statement accusing Kubota of copying Deere's technology. The jury's verdict of noninfringement, affirmed by the District Court, rejected Deere's claim and fully supported Kubota's position.

Dissatisfied with the District Court's ruling, Deere filed for an appeal with the CAFC on September 9, 2002.

After filing written briefs with the CAFC, both parties presented oral arguments to the CAFC in Washington, D.C. on July 8, 2003. The CAFC, in a swift and summary decision, affirmed the jury verdict and the District Court's judgment, rejecting Deere's appeal and confirming the validity of Kubota's position.

Kubota Tractor Corporation and its affiliated companies supply products and services to customers who are residents of the

/ Lawsuit #2  
Did you realize you posted the SAME thing twice? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Lawsuit
Yeah, I placed it in the Kubota and the JD forum, seemed relevant to both ....

/ Lawsuit #4  
When people are Viewing Posts and you have 2 separate threads on the same subject, you end up with two separate discussions on the same topic.

/ Lawsuit
Lesson learned, I see now its not wise, and thanks for pointing this out. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Lawsuit #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When people are Viewing Posts and you have 2 separate threads on the same subject, you end up with two separate discussions on the same topic. )</font>

Gatorboy, you me 10 threads, right!?!

/ Lawsuit #7  
<font color="blue"> Gatorboy, you me 10 threads, right!?! </font>

A thread (in my mind anyway) is a NEW post/subject. I see the Mods have combined the two separate threads (Lawsuit) from Kubota and JD Buying and moved it to Lawn & Garden.

/ Lawsuit #8  
In any case, the "news" is a year old. It's not clear why it's posted now.
Cliff

/ Lawsuit #9  
Gatorboy, I was under the impression that "10" is binary for "2" but now we are down to one, condensed into Lawn & Garden. As opposed to "10" with one being in Kubota and the other being in JD. Sorry, but it was my failed attempt at humor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Lawsuit
I was betting that most never knew of it, and the kind of stuff the major companies throw at each other. Thats all.