Husvarna 2148 review .

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #1  

NIXON

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3130 hst
Well as the subject line says . I'd like to pass along my opinions on the Husvarna 2148. So far it's been a great mower . Mind you , It isn't in the same league as the JD LX 280 I really wanted . But for the price (around 1800 bucks ) it does a very fine job of mowing . And that's all I'll ask it to do .... Mow . It came with a 10 guage deck and B+s 21 hp engine . The 4 gallon tank and large fuel fill are really nice to have .I kind of look at it as a compromise between the budget mowers and the higher priced mowing machines .
It has plenty of power to get through the taller grass without bogging . The deck and blades seem fairly substantial .
My only complaint to date is that it's a bit light for mowing some of my off camber hills . But wheel weights should solve that problem . Overall I consinder it a decent mower at a decent price . John

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #2  
Can you post a photo of it? I'll be looking to get a new LT/GT for next year pretty soon and haven't seen any. Thanks in advance. G

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #3  
Heres a pic.

Slam

07127902000-dlv.jpg

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #4  
Thanks Slam. My neighbor just bought one (can tell by the color) but I'm not sure of the model. I'll have to stop by and check his out. Thanks again. G

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #5  
Slam,

Forgot to ask you what your opinion is on the Husqvarna?

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #6  
Get a Belly Mower Man! I'd love to put one on mine, but my yard is too soft, too many trees, and too many $$ for the mower. But I get a big grin when I see them on CUTS - it's like "Super Sized" at McDonalds... a cut with a MMM looks like a very overgrown GT.

Once I get grass in the new areas my lawn will be up to about 4 or 5 acres... then I'll reconsider and see if it looks like it's worth it.

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Slam,

Forgot to ask you what your opinion is on the Husqvarna? )</font>

My opinion is that the larger units (like the 2148) are decent machines at a good price. I would expect 10 years service from one if you keep it greased, keep the oil changed, and keep the air filter clean. Service on these mid grade units is a must.

Slam

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #8  
Nah. I like to play with an LT or GT. My Kioti is for working the land. G

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #9  
I service my equipment all the time so that would be easy for me to do.
Time to upgrade is coming soon if all goes well. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif G

/ Husvarna 2148 review . #10  
I bought a new 2148 a few months ago and have about 25 hours on the engine so far. Everything is great except I have been experiencing some power issues and was hoping someone out there might know what is wrong. Every now and then, the engine will idle a little noisy and engaging the blades does not go smoothly. It is as though the engine does not have enough power to handle the extra load. I immediately disengage and wait for the idle to get just a bit smoother (which is a noticeable change when it occurs). Unfortunately, I waited a long while today and the idle did not get smoother. I just changed the oil a second time because it was dirty already. Any ideas? Thanks!