Gold Member
Tractor
JD 60, 3020, 2030, 2240, 2640, Farmall A
Hi,

Just wondering, has any one used one of these:
product%20scroll%201.gif

JD_JBSR2.gif

by Johnny Products

There are two versions, Johnny Bucket Sr, which is for lawn/garden tractors w/ hydraulics and then the 'Jr' which is manual/electric....

469200-dump.jpg

Linear Actuator

It's not quite a front end loader, but it's just something I've been thinking about.... They make models for variouse manufacturers- Sears, Cub Cadet, Deere and more...

So, has anyone here bought one? And if so, what do you think of it....

MikePA: Downloaded and edited link to an image that was wider than 640.

Attachments

• 469200-dump.jpg
    469200-dump.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,751
   / Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #2  
Purchased JBSr. about a month ago. I have used it to move brush and stone. It is heavy duty and well made. It was half the cost of the JD FEL and easy to attach. But if you need to load trucks or pile high it won't be good for that as the bucket only lifts about a foot high.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/lebondj/DSC00887.jpg

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket....
(Thanks to who editied the pics....it was a little "big")

Nice looking set up! Yup, it's not a replacment for a loader, but I don't think these tractors w/ a loader could load that high, other then a low trailer and/or pickup truck.

How thick is the steel on the bucket? I'm thinking 3/16".... 1/4" seems too think for it in my opinion.

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #4  
DJLX,
Just a side question, What make and model are the tires on the back of your JD. They look more agressive than turf tires. I could really use something like that on the back of my wheelhorse.

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket....
That tread pattern reminds me of the type on my Honda 3 wheeler...... If I were to hazard a guess, it's close to a 23x8.5-12; possibly a 10 width....

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #6  
Those tires should be the 26x12-12 Heavy Duty All Purpose Tires that come on the X series. They are the same tire Deere was putting on a lot of Gators over the years.

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #7  
Kaliburz - I'm not sure about the thickness on the bucket but it does have a thicker piece welded around the bucket edge. The web site might say. I was using it this weekend to move stone around and dug out some brush stumps and leveling. I also bought the tooth bar which I haven't tried yet.
DSC00890.jpg

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #8  
I have noticed on all the pics I have seen where people using the lawn/tractors that all their front wheels have been replaced with either 4 or 5 lug axels. I have several cadets ranging from the 86 to the 129 and also a new jd gt-235 do I have to change my front axels also to run a johnny bucket?
Thanks.
Calvin

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #9  
Purchased JBSr. about a month ago. if you need to load trucks or pile high it won't be good for that as the bucket only lifts about a foot high.
Another disadavntage is the Johnny bucket has a way shorter reach ahead of the tractor than a FEl has.
This could create a danger in using the Johnny Bucket for filling ditches and holes or dumping loads out over a bank.

/ Johnny Products- Johnny Bucket.... #10  
I have noticed on all the pics I have seen where people using the lawn/tractors that all their front wheels have been replaced with either 4 or 5 lug axels.
Calvin
They were probably garden tractors - not lawn tractors.