Hustler SUPER Z

/ Hustler SUPER Z #1  

Nasty135

Veteran Member
Tractor
massey ferguson 135/1433v
I went looking at ZTR's again and was pretty impressed by the Hustler super Z . It seems to be the fastest at 15mph and I like the controls (stout) What I like best is the remote oil cooler for the engine and also has one with a fan for the hydraulic system , This is standard for the super Z BTW it has the 27hp kohler engine, also offers 28 hp efi now more $$...
What I would like to know has anyone got any experience with the hustler brand? Good ,Bad or Ugly? Any info about it would be great /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hustler SUPER Z #2  
Nasty135,

My local ZTR dealer is selling a lot of the Hustler Z's to local lawn care providers. He let me demo the Hustler Super Z 60' 28hp efi model on my five acres. It mow's really fast and seem less maintance prone than some other models of ztr's on the market. In the end I brought a Ferris 3000IS ZTR because of the shock absorbers, quality of cut and the most comfortable seat on the ZTR market. My 2 cents.

db

/ Hustler SUPER Z
Thank for your response, I liked the ferris too but I think its price was a little higher than I was willing too spend $8k .So the ride is good on the ferris IS3000, didn't get to check it out that close, Thanks again

/ Hustler SUPER Z #4  
I have owned a Hustler Fastrak for two years and it has been tough as nails. Hasn't needed a thing except routine maintainence.

This mower has some pretty tough duty going through about 6,000 Christmas trees once a month plus keeping about 5 acres of "lawn" around the house that can get pretty rough.
The sturdiness and quality of build always show through every time I use it. I have always used Gravelys in the past, and can not believe how much time and effort this mower can save.

Only down side with the Fastrak, if you use it for several hours, it is possible to overheat the hydros on the steepest hills I have. This is strictly due to the lower grade hydro units in these models. The Super Zs use an entirely different setup designed for all day cutting.

Demo several units, but I think you'll be impressed with the ruggedness, quality of construction, and ease of operation with the Hustler in the end.

Attached is a picture of one of my tree fields to give you an idea of what these mowers are capable of.

Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• 487821-Trees main field 2003 Resize.jpg
    487821-Trees main field 2003 Resize.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 333
   / Hustler SUPER Z
XmasTree, WOW that is some serious trimming around that tree patch and a good endordement of the hustler line. I would probably be using synthetic hydraulic fluid at my first service if and when I get mine.. I think my wife wants it more than I do,But I guess she'll let me use it once in a while or at least do the maintenance on it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hustler SUPER Z #6  
Forgot to throw in the very best part.

My wife has long ago declared it her "favorite" mower of all time, and has a ball running it. She has willingly taken over all of the "regular" mowing, but I still can't get her up in the Christmas trees!

Thanks
Bill