B&S 20 hp Vanguard: Starter Issues

/ B&S 20 hp Vanguard: Starter Issues #11  
Penny wise, pound foolish.

You said yourself it is very difficult to get to. Why go thru all the work and time + down time to save $66. You have had unusual problems with your starter, a new starter shouldn't do it. In parting, it is very uncomen for a rebuilt (anything) to out last a new (anything). Which would you rather have, a brand new motor in your truck ora rebuilt one?

/ B&S 20 hp Vanguard: Starter Issues
Charlie,
I agree with your point completely. But this is not a rebuilt starter that I am referring to. It is a new aftermarket starter.
Represented to be equal or better to the OEM. Plus the OEM has not performed well as this is the second failure of the same nature. So has anyone had good or bad experience with aftermarket starters?
Charlie

Just a update on the starter hunt: Going through my old invoices, it appears that I did previously get parts for the alumn. ring gear starter. And the aftermarket co. that I referred to ( Manufacturer Supply ). Confirmed there starter was correct for my engine if I had the Alumn ring gear. So I will probably be ordering there starter $52.99, $6 shipping. Once I get mine pulled and checked out after the holiday.
Charlie