What is this Worth?

/ What is this Worth? #2  
Key piece of info I would like to know is number of operating hours on it. I believe the 317 did have an hour meter. I would tailor my bid to the number of hours it was actually used. Without doing any research, the buy it now price seems high to me.

/ What is this Worth? #3  
<font color="blue"> How high would you bid? </font>

Sight unseen I would go as high as $2,500. If you are able to see it in person before the auction ends and it looks great, I would go as high as $3,000. The Buy It Now Price does seem a little high, but I can't blame the seller for trying to get as much money out of it as he can.

Lawrence

/ What is this Worth? #4  
I would sure like to know if it has the older series 1 Kohler engine (not good, supseptable to lube failure causing connecting rod breakage if operated on a slope) or the improved series 2 motor, before I bid. The series 1 engine was splash lubed with a poor design. I certainly would not go as high as his buy-it-now price, without out seeing it in person, my risk tolerance would be in the $1750 range +/-.

/ What is this Worth? #5  
Looks to me like someone is going to get a nice machine.

Too bad it's where it is and I have a full garage, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You ought to go for it Dave!

/ What is this Worth?
I am the current high bid in the low $2,000's , but I did not meet the reserve.

There is also a JD 318 with a snowblower here in Green Bay for $2,000. I left a message to get more of the particulars. I also wanted a mower though. Is it hard or expensive to get a mower deck for a 318?

Yooper Dave

/ What is this Worth? #7  
Mower decks are still available new from Deere for around $900-1000 and available used in the $250-400 range. They are plentiful as the 318 was built for 10 years and shares parts and attachments with it's little brother the 316 and it's diesel cousins, the 330 and 332.

/ What is this Worth? #8  
Does not meeting the reserve mean He won't let it go for the High Bid?

I actually think the reserve is a bit high for My Blood /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Pictures of it look like the machine and equipment are in good shape for its' age.
I would Love to have it.

I think Joe is close on the money for the cost of a new deck, John Deere is usually pretty good about being able to get parts for an older piece of equipment.

I paid $750.00 for a 42" complete deck for a Ford LGT 120 in the early 90's /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Dave You could go to JDParts Online and see just what is available for the 318 . They have schematics of all parts, or so My experience has been just that.

/ What is this Worth? #9  
So were can I find a used deck for a 318? I know some one that is looking and can not find a used one not beat to death

/ What is this Worth? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So were can I find a used deck for a 318? I know some one that is looking and can not find a used one not beat to death
)</font>

They are going to few and far between, nother words you are not going to find many