Kohler engine problem

/ Kohler engine problem #1  

js5020

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510, Kubota BX23S, AC5020, JDx300R
Having problems with a 301s, it idles great but I can't get it to run smoothly at high speed. At this point I have replaced the points, set the gap timming thing, don't have a light so I did it running at high speed. Put a float kit in the carb set the upper and lower positions. Idles great nice and smooth, crank it up and it snorts and belches and just plain runs like crap. Tried setting the carb screw not much help. Any ideas?

/ Kohler engine problem #2  
I'd say it's in the high speed circuit if you have a good gas supply. Did you soak the carb and blow it out well?

/ Kohler engine problem #3  
If this engine has fuel shutoff on bowl of carb, remove valve pull plunger and spring reinstall without these, DO NOT hook up wire. It should run great now. At least this worked on my cv20.

/ Kohler engine problem
art, thanks for the reply. Well at least I thought I did, I pulled the carb back off, took it apart and put it back in the cleaner till tommorrow. The settings for the points seems real, real sensitive. I considered the fuel pump also I have gas at the carb, flows without the engine turning, and have a pulse of fuel when cranking. I have never had anything with a Kolher on it before and was thinking I might not doing something right.

/ Kohler engine problem #5  
What engine does the 301 have.