ferris ztr

/ ferris ztr #1  

gav64

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810hst - Gehl 4625 skidsteer
does anyone out there have a ferris ztr with suspension, what do you think. I just saw one at a show and was impressed. currently have a scag tiger cub and am very happy with its durability, how does ferris compare. I have a hilly and bumpy smooth property and was thinking wife might appreciate the suspension since she cuts the lawn 95 percent of the time. thanks glenn

/ ferris ztr #2  
Glenn,
They did look nice. I guess we'll see the other mowers next week at the Civic Center. Was actually thinking about getting a Ferris this spring if we can get a loan. Have read a few positive comments from others about them also.

/ ferris ztr #3  
we dont have suspension, but we do have a ferris 1000Z ztr. very well built, (locally too!) it has 27 hp kohler, 61" deck. cuts down my mowing time alot. see mrs. tractorman on it for the first time.

Attachments

• 586795-ferrisRS.jpg
    586795-ferrisRS.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 178
   / ferris ztr #4  
tractorman71, You might be in competetion for seat time by the ear to ear grin on the Mrs. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ferris ztr #5  
We use to be a dealer for Ferris. ZTR business acounts for about half of our current business (sell about 2-3 ZTR's a week during peak season), and the Ferris's just didn't sell. During the time we carried them we also had Cub Tanks and Grasshoppers...once someone compared the three the Ferris was usually the first to go.

The suspension is nice but it really doesn't make that much of a difference compared to a ZTR that has a floating suspension set up like the Tanks. There are also a lot of moving parts involved with the suspension, a.k.a more to break.

Once we got rid of them another guy in town picked them up and he hasn't had much luck with them either.

That was my experience (around 2 years ago)...they are decent units but I firmly believe there are better in the market.