Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl?

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #1  

Buster57

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7800, JD RX95
I am looking at purchasing either a Stihl HT75 or HT 100 (fixed shaft 2.5 HP pole saw) or a Husquvarna 326P4.
The Husky is less expensive and lighter-and I have never owned one before, my experience with Stihl is excellent.
I will be trimming or pruning 15 pear trees.
Any thoughts?
I look forward to you help!

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #2  
Our Home Depot has a rental center. I think you can rent one for about $35/day maybe.

I have a Shindaiwa (for about 3 years now). Worn out at least 4 or 5 chains so far. No problems. It is a great saw. I have the 2 stroke model.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #3  
I like both brands... but Stihl gets my vote.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #4  
I bought one of the Stihl power heads that takes multiple work ends. Kind of a heavy duty version of what you see at Home Depot. I bought it with the weed eater and edger work ends. I plan to get the pole saw and hedge trimmer this year. Might be something you consider.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #5  
Check out the Echo. I love mine and I think you will wish you had the ajustable boom. MY saw shop steered me away from the sthil because of their new un proven C.A.R.B engine. But for big saws Sthils can't be beat. Husky repair parts prices can be outrageous.
Good Luck!
WW

P.S Echo also makes a split boom weed eater,edger,pole saw,tiller,broom,hedge clipper, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifblender,ice maker

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl?
slight typo on my part that changes the complexion of the question-make that 150 pear trees. This is a commercial application.
Thanks!

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #7  
Both are great,but don't be afraid of the Husky..... They are very good quality and parts have been a non-issue for 11 yrs on my saw.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #8  
I just bought the Stihl pole saw last week and have used it quite a bit the last few days. I am very pleased with the performance and it seems very well made. I was so happy with the Stihl pole saw I bought a Stihl MS-361 chain saw today /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #9  
I sell both and I'd buy the Stihl.

/ Pole saw-Husqvarna or Stihl? #10  
It's like the old Ford/Chevy truck debate, I don't care which is better, I'll buy a Ford or a Stihl.