Lawn Sweepers?

/ Lawn Sweepers? #1  

Highridge

Gold Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1430 and Craftsman DGT6000
I need a tow-behind lawn sweeper that is at least 60" wide. I can only find 42" and 46" ones. Anyone know where I could find one?

/ Lawn Sweepers? #2  
I have a 48" that I use and it can be a real job to empty at times given the weight. I imagine a 60" would be real difficult when full due to the weight without some sort of mechanical assistance. Of course you could always partially fill the carrier which would require frequent loading and unloading. I'm sure a 60" is out there somewhere.

/ Lawn Sweepers?
What brand do you have? Maybe I could buy 2 42" ones and modify the hitch?

/ Lawn Sweepers?
I'm planning on getting a Power-Trac and the tractor itself is 54" wide. There is no bagger and the mower is a rear disharge so a tow-behind application is the only thing that'll work.

Shoppingtractors, that's neat. Wonder how much that goes for?

/ Lawn Sweepers? #7  
i would get two 30" sweepers and fab a steel hitch to put one off to the side and behind with a little overlap. kind of like gang mowers, but gang sweepers.

/ Lawn Sweepers? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm planning on getting a Power-Trac and the tractor itself is 54" wide. There is no bagger and the mower is a rear disharge so a tow-behind application is the only thing that'll work. )</font>

Highridge,

I have a 42" Agri-Fab that works well for me but I'm not sure how it would work for your setup. The sweepers that use the tires to spin the brushes seem to require more speed than what you would normally mow. I use mine behind an ATV but being towed while mowing may not be fast enough for the brushes to actually throw the clippings into the bagger.

Brian

/ Lawn Sweepers?
The sweeper would probably be mostly for leaves. I don't have a problem mulching the grass, it's when you get shards of leaves everywhere after mulching I don't like.

/ Lawn Sweepers? #10  
i have a rear discharge mower also. the pull sweeper will pick up some of the leaves, but not enough. on the project to-do list is a pull behind self powered vac. i have enough engines laying around, once i find a used blower and impeller i will start on it. i just have to come up with the vac nozzle for a rear discharge.