Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor???

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #11  
i think you are bes to add weight first, as chains wil tear up the yard, especially if they start to slip.

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #12  
I used to keep one rear tire chain on my MTD 800 series garden tracto all the time. the way my yard was layed out I only ever spun one tire so I just decided to keep on the one chain. It never tore up the grass that I can remember.

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #13  
My 12 year old Cub Cadet has never had the rear tire chains removed. I couldn't imagine getting around my yard without them! Then again it also has 75# wheel weights and foam filled tires to improve traction in addition to the chains.

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #14  
go down to NAPA, or your local auto parts store. for 10 bucks or so you can get the little valve for filling your tires with w/w fluid. this should fix your slipping problem, if it dont then add the chains. that should cure the problem.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #16  
I just put a set of tire chains on as the ground here is very wet. Do you think its a good idea to keep the weight off the tires when the machine is not in use by jacking the tractor up?

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor???
Thanx for all the help.I`ll fill the tires before the next mowing and give that a try first.

osymandius,, do not know for sure but, seems the weight on the chains all the time should`nt hurt the tires.

/ Tire chains on lawn and garden tractor??? #18  
My 1966 Bolins has been setting on the chains for over 30 years and they haven't hurt the tires.

They are the original tires that came on the tractor in 1966