Whining Hydrostatic Drive

/ Whining Hydrostatic Drive #1  

my1stcub

Tractor
Cub Cadet 1515
I have a Cub Cadet 1515. I purchased it last month. It was left over from a year or two ago. I have about six hours on it now. Is the transmission suppose to whine when the lawn tractor is running? Also is it normal for it to want to ease forward without pressing the pedal without parking brake engaged while sitting on concrete? This is my first with a hydrostatic transmission. Thanks for any information you can provide......Will

/ Whining Hydrostatic Drive #2  
Not sure on how to because I've never had to on my MTD, but there is an adjustment that you can set for the neutral position. Does your owners manual say anything about it?

/ Whining Hydrostatic Drive
Thanks Gerard. I'll have to check the owner's manual. How about the whining? Is it normal for the transmission to whine?
Will

/ Whining Hydrostatic Drive #4  
All hydrostatic transmissiosn tend to emit a bit of a whine. In fact, some gear models with straight cut gears (like my JD 216 with it's peerless transmission) make a whining noise too. It's normal to a point, but excessive whining may be a sign there is something wrong.

I would go to a dealer and ask him to show you a similar tractor. Gauge about how much it whines and see if he considers it normal. At least that will put your mind to rest being a new hydro owner.

Good luck and have fun with your new mower!