JD 345 Info Needed

/ JD 345 Info Needed #1  

jmak

Does anyone have the specs for a 2000 JD345, like engine type and size, shaft or belt drive, diff lock, power steering, etc? Also any problem areas.

Thanks

/ JD 345 Info Needed #2  
Sorry it took so long to reply. The 345 engine is a Kawasaki 18 HP water cooled with power steering and hydraulic lift on the mower deck. The power train is belt drive with electric clutch on the PTO. There is no diff lock. It doe have a five position tilt steering wheel. There are no major areas of concern with this machine other than regular maintenance.
Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 345 Info Needed #3  
now i dont like spreadin rumors but i heard that there is a plastic cam shaft in the kawasaki engine in the 345... i heard that on another forum... maybe that is the new GX345 with the 20 hp... or maybe it is just bull all together...

/ JD 345 Info Needed #4  
Kawasaki quit using the plastic cam shafts in the early 1990s. However the 2003-2004 20 HP Kawasakis have had carb/air filter problems that were addressed by replacing the air filter. Not all 20 HP engines suffered the problem and of those that did, not all were fixed with the air filter replacement. Symptoms are running extremely rich with plugs fouling to the point of not running in 4-8 hours.

/ JD 345 Info Needed #5  
The plastic cam gear problem mainly occurred in the early 400 series tractors (425-445). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 345 Info Needed #6  
so there deere stopped the plastic game?

/ JD 345 Info Needed #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( so there deere stopped the plastic game? )</font>

yes, My new Deere with the Kawa engine has a metal cam shaft and metal gears.

I work for a Japanese Company. 75% of their Engineering output is first class, the other 25% is an extreme brain-fart.